One of Essex's emergency services is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team.
Your new company
Our client is one of the three key emergency services for Essex county. You will be joining a well established team offering plenty of experience and knowledge within your team structure.
Your new role
This is an exciting time to join the team, as we embark on an ambitious programme of new build and refurbishment projects across the force. You will be part of the wider, multi-disciplinary Design and Engineering team within Capital Projects, providing technical assurance on design, security, sustainability, fire, The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM), Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), cost management and design throughout all stages of the RIBA Plan of Work. The team manages all aspects of property related matters from small repairs to multi-million-pound projects.
The team is currently implementing a significant estate transformation programme aimed at modernising the estate to provide an environment fit for policing now and in the future.
What you'll need to succeed
- Interpret Design Guides and employers' requirements into appropriate briefing material for delivery partners and subcontractors to use during procurement, design and construction phases of projects.
- Undertake technical assurance/due diligence of building systems designs at key project stages, e.g. RIBA Plan of Work stages 2 - 6.
- Be experienced in delivering MEP property projects, with ideally a background working for an engineering consultancy or client organisation.
- Advise on work package lifecycle costs as part of design management.
- Have professional credibility, self-motivation, be proactive, and provide communicative knowledge sharing.
- Develop project-specific employer requirements for MEP projects.
- Be experienced dealing with customers on the receiving end of electrical engineering projects
- Be proficient in liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Having demonstrable experience in overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Ensuring the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Working as part of a design team to lead and deliver detailed design projects
- Being able to demonstrate strong engineering experience working on Amtech, Dialux and AutoCAD
- Your ability to manage projects from inception through design and construction, up to and including final account varying in values from £100k to £5m.
- A good understanding of financial procedures, contract management, surveying skills and project stages.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary between £43,860 - £47,058 including full Civil Service Package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.