Structural Engineer job in Swadlincote. Minimum of 2 years post grad experience. Excellent prospects
Your new company
A market leader in the building materials and products markets in the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe providing materials to leading blue chip companies. The company has combined experience with innovation to provide the most practical and advanced range of masonry products on the market. They are excited to offer an opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join their fast paced and successful team.
Your new role
You will Provide design for masonry support and lintels to the current standard for all products specified at the customer's request to satisfy building control authority. Your main duties will include:
- Load assessment on lintels using 'BS5977-1: Method for assessment of load' based on Architect's and Structural Engineer's drawings.
- Specifying both standard and custom-made items designed specifically for relevant projects.
- Design special steel lintels, windposts and prepare detailed sketches and drawings for approval using AutoCAD or/and Solidworks.
- Provide hand and software calculations including FEA.
- Conduct spot checks on products in manufacture and question the structural integrity.
- Provide technical customer service.
- Liaise and communicate with external parties when working on live projects.
- Attend occasional design meetings and site visits to develop customer relationships.
- Collate information and prepare clear and structured technical reports on findings from site.
- Controlling and organizing multiple projects with a pro-active client focus.
- Maintenance of all information/records required to ensure successful project running/completion.
- Carry out product presentations as a training aid to staff, customers and site installers.
What you'll need to succeed
You hold a minimum of a 2:1 Degree from Engineering-related discipline e.g. Structural, Civil Engineering and you have experience working with traditional materials: masonry, steel and concrete. You have the ability to deliver commercial structural projects and you are able to read approval, construction and manufacturing drawings. You are focused on Customer Service and can demonstrate good organisational skills.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a modern and safe working environment and the opportunity to progress your career within a fast growing, innovative Company as well as a competitive salary. You will also have access to an extensive benefits package which includes Health Assured, Life Assurance, 33 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays which increases with service and flexibility for the important things in life.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.