Your new company
A National Mechanical and Electrical Contractor based in Northern Ireland with a reputation for quality delivering projects for a wide client base both locally and throughout the UK. Established over 50 years, this company are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Manager to oversee prestigious projects throughout the UK.
Your new role
You will be a key member within this multi-disciplinary and versatile team. Your skills will be instrumental in delivering high quality Mechanical Design and Project Management. You will have a desire to challenge existing design norms, working closely with clients and partners to drive energy efficient and sustainable design for highly technical schemes within Education, Healthcare, Commercial and Residential sectors. Travel across UK will be required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to carry out due diligence of designs, prepare and develop early stage designs and calculation to help build systems for costs plans.
- Manage, review and influence 3rd party designers in the development of the project.
- Assist and advise on technical details through the project and post contract troubleshooting.
- Encourage, help and assist with internal training within the company and professional developments of others.
- A recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering/Building Services
- Working knowledge of IES and Revit design software preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering projects through the BSRIA stages on work from 2 to 5 to BIM Level 2.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role with a reputable contractor who understands that their employees are fundamental to their success and they prize themselves on offering training, development and a work culture where people are happy and thrive. A highly competitive salary will be offered based on experience along with company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.