Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
40,000 plus significant allowance and benefits package
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Engineering Desk Officer to join the MODSAP Construction Team. You will be responsible for monitoring the M&E elements of the delivery and in-service support of construction projects delivered to the Saudi Armed Forces by the UK Government throughout the project life cycle. The portfolio is enthralling and includes, airfield and naval infrastructure, accommodation compounds and specialist military facilities. The role provides a unique opportunity to see various areas of what is a fascinating country.
Core responsibilities include:
- Regularly visiting construction sites throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to inspect works, undertake assurance and acceptance activities and milestone verification.
- Provision of specialist engineering advice to MODSAP and the Saudi Armed Forces.
- Participation in, and chairing as necessary, project and technical meetings (international travel may be required).
- Ensuring that construction projects are delivered in accordance with the appropriate regulations and standards.
- Review of technical documentation.
- Undertaking safety assurance activities.
- Be educated to at least HNC/D level in an appropriate Mechanical & Electrical discipline or have equivalent work experience.
- Have significant M&E experience operating at the chartered level (incorporated engineers will also be considered, subject to experience).
- Enjoy managing your own workload and operating with a high level of autonomy.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong and effective personal relationships, operating in an environment where inter-personal relationships are essential to delivering your outputs; and, be comfortable engaging with a myriad of stakeholders, often at senior levels within the Saudi Armed Forces.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
MODSAP is a unique and exciting environment in which to work, and forms a crucial part of the strategic defence relationship between the UK and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The United Kingdom has a longstanding bilateral relationship with Saudi Arabia which currently accounts for nearly half of all defence exports from the UK, with MODSAP playing a key role overseeing delivery of services worth billions of pounds to the UK economy. It is a large, challenging and complex programme of work that has been running for over 30 years.
MODSAP is in a unique position where it operates across the fringes and boundaries of public and private sector, in a delivery focused and politically complicated arena. This is an opportunity to work in an area that needs to operate like a business as well as discharging its responsibilities as part of the MOD and meet the obligations of a Department of State.
You will become a permanent member of MOD staff, however the tour length of this initial posting will be three years. This can be extended by a further two years, subject to line management agreement and business need.
Subject to availability and eligibility, this post offers significant benefits and allowances. Details can be found in the full job advert on Civil Service jobs website, contained in the supporting documents attached at the end of full advert.
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact:
Name: Richard 'Plum' Plumtree
Closing date: 21 February 2022.