Snr Mechanical Engineer - ASAP Start - Up to £45 p/h - 40 hrs per week - Flexible working / WFH
Your new company
Hays Building Services is working exclusively with a Nottinghamshire based University who required a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Estates team.
Your new role
You will sit within the Estates team looking after both Capital & Maintenance projects, whilst also supporting a small team of Mechanical Engineers. A typical day will include producing detailed specifications, output specifications and designs, including associated AutoCad schematics, calculations and associated schedules. Produce cost estimates of works at design stage. Produce tender packages and manage the associated tendering of works. Work with third party consultants, architects and contractors to ensure Capital Development works are developed to meet the University's quality standards and requirements. To act as the clients representative on Capital Development projects to ensure that installations are carried out as specified and to monitor progress in line with project schedules. Undertake site surveys and condition monitoring of existing infrastructure.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven track record of undertaking commercial mechanical designs (heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, potable water and works associated with commercial kitchens, shower/washroom facilities and toilets, including associated above ground drainage) for mechanical installations in the range of £0.5m - £10m. to include but not limited to producing AutoCad schematics, calculations and associated schedules.
- Experience of acting as a project lead on relevant mechanical installation projects.
- Experience of tendering works (client side) and managing the tender process.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, IES / Design Builder / Hevacomp. BEng / HNC / HND in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering
- CDM knowledge and experience.
What you'll get in return
- ASAP start date Long-term rolling contract
- 40 hours per week - typically 08:00 - 16:30
- Up to £45 per hour (PAYE rates slightly lower)
- In scope IR35
- 3 / 4 days working from home. 1 / 2 days in the office.
During your placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.