Temporary Job - Environmental Adviser - Peterborough [Flexible] - Start ASAP
Your new company
- Prestigious, global company.
- Sustainable practice and doing things the right way are an integral part of their culture. They have five specific focus areas as part of their drive to increase sustainability: green, ethics, health and safety, diversity and inclusion and community investment.
- Voted one of the world's top female friendly companies in 2021 [Forbes].
Your new role
- Temporary role until 01/07/22.
- Provide advice, support and assistance to operational and project personnel to enable them to deliver and manage their environmental and sustainable responsibilities and objectives, often during site inspections.
- Assist the environmental and wider environmental team in any best practice initiatives and delivering ad-hoc improvement projects, for e.g. liaising with ecologists with regard to habitual issues or water problems.
- Assist in the development and delivery of suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff.
- Represent and promote the Environment Enabling Function in internal and external meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums - communicating best practice standards and initiatives.
- Act as company environmental representative and lead with clients, local authority, and regulators, facilitating communication and collaboration.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree level in appropriate Environmental or relevant discipline.
- Reasonable breadth of construction industry experience or relevant environmental experience in a similar sector.
- Minimum Practitioner Membership with IEMA or similar professional membership.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel across projects/contracts in region.
- Competent IT skills.
What you'll get in return
- £155 Day rate
- Flexible working [remote etc.]
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Learning & Development plans.
- Injury-Free Environment programme.
- Employee ownership programme; help to save scheme.
- Subsidised gym memberships, days out, high street retail deals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position in Environmental Sustainability, then please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.