Essex Police - Mechanical Design role within Property Services - Permanent Role - Remote Working
Your new company
Essex Police operates across an area of 1,420 square miles and has an estimated population of 1,468,200 (2018). Essex borders the counties of Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Kent and four London boroughs. The county is home to 14 districts; Harlow, Epping Forest, Brentwood, Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Maldon, Chelmsford, Uttlesford, Braintree, Colchester, Tendring, Thurrock and Southend. There are two airports - Southend and Stansted and two major ports - Harwich International Port and the Port of Tilbury.
Estate Services is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the maintenance and development of the estate portfolio for Essex with a variety of Operational (non-residential) and residential buildings. The diverse, broad and complex nature of buildings presents many demanding challenges and provides for a rich mix of activities supported by a multi-faceted team of professionals. The team makes a positive and significant contribution to the Police Estate in Essex by sharing organisational vision and aspiration in providing, developing and maintaining a physical built environment which contributes to the delivery of policing to the public. Working alongside the Police Fire and Crime Commissioner in Essex, significant work is being undertaken to refine the core strategy for the Estates focus including:
- Delivery of accommodation which responds to the demands of modern policing whilst delivering value for money for the people of Essex
- Ensuring a sustainable estates legacy for the people of Essex into the future
- Delivery of a flexible estate that responds to the changing demands of modern policing and maximises operational performance
- Improving space utilisation, moving to an 85% space efficiency
- Supporting the multiple demands of mobile policing
Your new role
The role will be working as the in house Mechanical Design Engineer for the Estate Services team. The role involves a number of different facets including to design and develop mechanical / HVAC installations including the preparation of specifications for all mechanical design on a range of Capital and Revenue projects within Essex Estate, this includes project management and delivery of a portfolio of schemes to ensure final delivery within budget providing for safe and effective working and operating environments with Essex police.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be degree qualified or have the equivalent experience and have experience within either a similar property role or consultant. Institute membership or Chartership would be beneficial but not essential. You must be experienced in the design of mechanical installations and infrastructure including all heating ventilation and air conditioning with experience in producing scheme & tender drawings using AutoCAD Software
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available and you will manage your own diary in many ways. You will receive a competitive salary of up to £47k with the usual public sector benefits including a large local government pension. Other benefits include fantastic training and development, a great working environment and technically working on a large refurbishment scheme across a large and varied portfolio.
The Package also includes:
* Free parking at many of our sites
* Discounts at a variety of shops, restaurants and excursions via our Sports and Social Association
* A flexible workforce: this position may be suitable for part time working subject to continuity and resourcing being achieved
* Unique working environment supporting the delivery of key policing services throughout Essex
* Enrolment onto the Local Government Pension Scheme
* Ongoing training, development and promotion opportunities
* Support and advice from our staff associations
* Access to health services via our Occupational Health and Welfare team including external Employee Assistance Programme
* On site gym facilities at number of our stations
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.