We're looking for a Energy Solutions Business Development Manager to join our I&C Team, this role will be Home based and may require some travel. We are recruiting for new members of the I&C Business Solutions Engineering Development and Design group. Our responsibilities are to provide to our customers engineering solutions that offer a mix of problem resolution, energy profile reduction and a low carbon functionality to help future proof their business operations and costs. This is a challenging environment at a time of major industrial de-carbonisation and engineering change that challenge traditional conventions in thinking and approach and we are looking to attract high quality engineering staff across all disciplines who feel that they would enjoy this challenge and would be able to develop and grow within a team of similar minded people. Working in a flexible way with a geographically spread UK group we offer scope for training and personal growth for all applicants and would openly invite applicants from all engineering backgrounds
Here's what you'll be doing
Role - Energy Solutions Business Development Manager
Location - Home Based with some travel
Salary - £60,000 - £80,000 + car allowance + competitive commission
Our Industrial & Commercial Energy Sales and Solutions department is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our Energy Solutions team. You’ll be responsible for developing and concluding business energy solution opportunities within selected markets, focusing on building long-term partnerships with large strategic clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- On a project by project basis, you’ll lead all phases of the development, structuring and negotiation of solutions projects through to contract signature. You’ll also be responsible for the handover to construction and project delivery teams as well as managing existing client relationships as needed. You’ll play a pivotal role in achieving the relevant business targets including EBIT and future pipeline.
- Accountability for selling the energy solutions portfolio to key strategic customers across targeted industry sectors within the UK.
- Ownership of the design, development, analysis and interpretation of the project investment case and financial modelling, assessing, mitigating and reporting project/investment risks.
- Leading and co-ordinating a virtual project team including representatives from the wider Solutions team, interfacing with colleagues in EIS Commercial, Finance and Legal to create complex investment proposals.
- Driving the project development process end to end, seeking/directing expertise from internal stakeholders as required to ensure business targets and investment parameters are met.
- Managing the negotiation and execution of bespoke customer contracts, including actively leading customer facing negotiations and co-ordinating the support of Legal where required.
- Proactively build credibility by continually developing technical, industry, segment and market knowledge.
- Accountability for the overall contribution to I&C Solutions EBITDA for each project.
- Identifying, understanding and communicating client’s specific needs to drive the development of solutions tailored to the organisation’s requirements.
What we need from you
- Strong sales, bid development and client management experience, successfully positioning & selling appropriate technical solutions to large strategic accounts.
- Proven ability to drive the development process from plan to close, to enable scalable growth with quality, efficiency, and predictability of revenue.
- First class negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to develop and effectively deliver professional sales proposals.
- Creative problem solver with proven ability to combine technical, commercial and legal awareness with project management skills to ensure successful delivery of energy solutions investments.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make effective risk-based decisions within sphere of authority.
- Understands and has experience working with the UK sustainability agenda, strategy and polices; and servicing our target clients / market segments.
- Proven inter-personal and effective communication skills, with the ability to understand and influence those parties that will be delivering the end customer solution.
- A flexible multi-tasker, able to cope with constantly changing priorities and environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in MS Office, including strong Excel skills
What you'll get in return
- £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
- Competitive commission scheme
- £6,000 car allowance or EV car from the E.ON car scheme
- Company funded private healthcare
- 26 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
- The renown of working for a world-leading energy supplier
- The chance for real career progression
- The chance to choose from a variety of flexible benefits to suit you
- Part-time and job-share is encouraged for this role and we strongly encourage female applications.
Here's what else you need to know
- Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check will be required.
- This is a permanent role.
- This role will be Home Based with travel
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.