A Quality Engineer job based in Telford paying up to £34,000 per annum DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working alongside one of the leading manufacturing organisations in the UK to recruit a Quality Engineer to join their Telford-based team on a full-time basis. They strive for the highest quality of product possible through their thorough manufacturing process, and it is these high standards that have kept the company at the forefront of innovation in their chosen field.
Your new role
Amongst others, your key duties in this role as a Quality Engineer include:
- Ensure the processes and procedures within the Quality department are followed and maintained in line with quality standards.
- Create detailed plans to meet business and department objectives, monitoring and reporting on progress to management and ensuring problems are identified and resolved without impacting on targets.
- Undertake investigation of quality problems (product, system, process etc.
- Assist in the development of business processes.
- Supervising of staff within the area of Quality.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, manufacturing and subcontractors on all quality issues.
- To ensure that all quality, environmental, and health and safety legislation are adhered to.
- 8D report writing.
- Consistently identify opportunities for improvement within the department.
- Ensure the achievement of higher productivity through improved component quality and the effective closure of reported quality concerns.
Working hours are on a rotational weekly shift pattern of 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm, with an additional 17% shift allowance on top of basic salary.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this position, you must have:
- Previous experience in a Quality Engineer role within a manufacturing setting.
- Be qualified to HND level or equivalent, and a recognised qualification within quality would be desired.
- Experience of internally auditing to ISO9001 or TS16949.
- Understanding of engineering drawings.
- An analytical approach with a positive attitude, able to work upon your own initiative.
- Capable of working alongside all levels within the company and also externally liaising with suppliers etc.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent basic salary of up to £34,000 per annum (plus additional 17% shift allowance as mentioned above, taking total package closer to £40,000 per annum), as well as an attractive annual leave entitlement and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.