Key Integrated Services Ltd specialise in the design and construction of sophisticated environmental facilities; providing a complete turnkey package to the high technology industries, particularly Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals, Bio Technology, Food, Electronics and Nuclear industries.
Our clients operate in highly regulated industries and therefore the service we offer must be professional at all times.
In addition to your specific duties and responsibilities you must always represent the company in the best light in order to help secure repeat business opportunities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below:
Although responsible to the Managing Director you will have responsibility for draughting aspects on the individual projects you are assigned to, these can be split into specific areas which are described in more detail below:
- Tender stage sales drawings.
- Full project drawings including co-ordination of M&E services.
There will be instances where you would be dealing directly with the Client, you will need to be customer focused, non confrontational and establish good working relationships.
You will be primarily involved in the producing full working drawings of Building Services systems to various facilities whether new build or refurbishments. You will have a knowledge of Autocad, Revit, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat software, your role will include but not be limited to the following:-
- Creating and Modifying drawings for Building Services Installations using Autocad software. Drawings created by transforming site sketches, line diagrams and design drawings to CAD / Revit drawings.
- The drawings created would include but not be limited to detailed pipework layouts, detailed ductwork layouts, schematics, electrical layouts, builderswork details and isometric layouts.
- Producing fully Co-ordinated layouts of Services Installations. This includes continual Co-ordination throughout installation upon modifying drawings and receipt of other contractors CAD drawings. Co-ordinated drawings for clash avoidance to all aspects of the installation.
- Converting completed installation drawings to “As Fitted “ drawings. This will include undertaking site surveys of installations to “mark-up” the installation drawings as per the actual installation. The site visits can be anywhere within the UK, hence some overnight visits will be necessary to complete this work. The drawings marked up on site would then be amended on CAD to complete the “As Fitted” drawings.
- Issuing paper and electronic copies of drawings to clients, subcontractors and suppliers. This includes keeping drawing logs up to date and the of Adobe Acrobat software to create PDF documents.
- Attending site to undertake site surveys of buildings and Building Service installations. This may incur working away with overnight stays to enable the surveys to be undertaken.
- Ensuring all drawings folders within the specific contract folder are kept up to date and managed correctly for current, superseded and incoming drawings.
- Management of consumable items for the printing equipment within the drawing office including paper, printer cartridges and servicing of the equipment to ensure the equipment is always available for use by all KEY staff.
Based primarily at our head office there will also be instances where site visits will be necessary to undertake your role as outlined above.
You will have an excellent knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice. You will be responsible for the quality and standard for the complete Key Integrated Services Ltd design from concept to handover stage and therefore you will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Achieve Zero Formal Customer Complaints
- Liaising will all disciplines to ensure works are accurately coordinated
- Inspection of onsite installations to produce “As Fitted Drawings”.
- Understand the Key Integrated Services Ltd Quality System, implement and promote
- Correctly interpret drawings and documents for draughting purposes.
- Assess buildability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required.