I have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to join a multi award-wining building services consultancy based in their office in Surrey. As a company they have an exciting portfolio which includes financial, hotels as well as some of the most innovative residential and mix development projects in the UK and overseas.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will excel in engineering design, the management of projects and the management of teams, working on multiple projects including multi-million-pound schemes.
You will support the directors with the ongoing development of improved standards and procedures within the company, whilst taking the lead in managing everyday operations utilising their extensive experience.
You will act as design lead on projects, promoting design excellence and they will mentor and develop the skills of the engineers in their team. Leading by example they will ensure the highest standards of health & safety and quality.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will assist the directors to develop business opportunities, confidently marketing the company and expanding their network of contacts, delivering presentations and winning work.
- Take responsibility for all technical aspects of the design of safe, economical and reliable mechanical systems to meet the contractual scope of work and comply with the applicable standards and regulations.
- Lead the preparation of clear and concise drawings, specifications and product schedules to define mechanical systems.
- Oversee the process of checking tender submissions, drawings and technical submittals to ensure quality of products and equipment are in accordance with design.
- Undertake site visits and monitor progress against the design.
- Lead technical work in the area of mechanical design within the company.
- Manage teams and projects internally and externally in respect of deliverables, resources and financials.
- Review of appointment documents and scopes of service.
- Set targets and monitor workload against deliverables.
- Report any feedback or issues concerning either projects or team to the directors.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and utilise a high level of oral and written communication (in particular well developed report writing skills) setting the highest standards of communication both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of project costing principles and control potential cost overruns during project development.
- Utilise strong financial management skills to negotiate additional fees with the client that may be due.
To be successful when applying for this role you will possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Strong mechanical Design (Building Services) experience (8years+).
- Client facing experience.
- Knowledge of British Standards and Building regulations.
- Experience of working on large scale design builds.
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please get in contact with one of the Beeby Anderson team.