URGENT OPPORTUNITY FOR A PROJECT COORDINATOR IN EAST HAMPSHIRE
Your New Company
Join an SME based in East Hampshire. They are architects of decarbonisation programmes. They guide clients through a step-by-step risk-reduction process, so that they don't waste money or time on costly mistakes or dead ends. They are independent, so can be truly impartial and focus on finding the right solution for each client.
Your New Role
This is a unique opportunity to experience a new and exciting role with this SME. We are working with the client to establish an initial 4 week temporary contract, with an option to progress into a permanent role with the business, for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will benefit from an hourly rate of £15-20 an hour with the opportunity of a £20,000-30,000 per annum salary, when made permanent. The role will be hybrid with 1-2 days in the office required.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the delivery of the low carbon projects that arise from our step-by-step risk reduction process. The essence of the Project Coordinator's job is to coordinate the packages of work produced by in-house staff, associate consultants, and engineers, to meet project deliverables to the satisfaction of the client within time and budget. Specific tasks will be set by the Senior Management Team but may include elements of:
- Compiling of information required to deliver Decarbonisation Plans. This will involve the coordination of surveyors, engineers, and other key people to obtain relevant information that is used to develop engineering solutions.
- Stakeholder liaison and coordination. Coordinating with a multitude of stakeholders across a portfolio of projects, to ensure that any site visits and investigations are managed. Maintaining contact with key client staff to know they are available to meet with surveyors and engineers, and that requests for information are managed efficiently.
- Third Party liaison and coordination. Coordinating with external design engineers and surveyors to ensure that they produce their deliverables as per the agreed project deadlines and that any site visits required are coordinated with the client.
- Organising internal project-related housekeeping such as correct online filing of all project documents.
- Monitoring internal and external deadlines. Based on the agreed project schedule packages of work will need to be delivered at certain dates. This will require internal staff and external third parties to deliver the works who will need to be monitored to ensure that they are on track for delivery. Part of this role will be regular communication with the delivery teams to ensure that they meet their deadline.
What You Need To Succeed
- Organised and logical, with sound time management skills
- Persistence - ability to keep key project deliverables on the 'front burner' despite different project stakeholders having different agendas
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Competent with IT and fully conversant with common packages included within Microsoft Office 365
- Experience in coordinating aspects of multiple projects
- Ability to prepare, if required, client facing (non-technical) reports
- Problem solving ability, with accuracy and good team working skills
- Has experience in a project delivery organisation where many different agendas and personalities must be coordinated to meet project deliverables - desirable but not essential
- Interest in working within the renewables technologies industry
- A recognised Project Management qualification would be desirable but not essential
What You'll Get in Return
£15-20 an hour initially, followed by £20,000-30,000, if made permanent; based on experience and qualifications Bonus scheme - the employee will be included within this financial year's overall company performance bonus scheme, when on a permanent basis.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. You can contact me directly via email, [mailto:], or in the office, 02382020101. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.