Public Health Engineer
Your new company
Atkins, a member of SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job. We offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment. This includes energy efficiency and carbon management services, asset management and whole life costing, as well as broader sustainability strategy services. We have a great opportunity for a Junior Public Health Engineer to join our national Building Design practice. Join our team and you'll get to work on outstanding projects; major airport works, MoD projects, iconic Government buildings, Data Centres, or even helping with the Net Zero Carbon and Net Positive Water initiatives.
Your new role
- Specification and design of public health (plumbing) services.
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to
- generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Contribute towards Atkins-wide initiatives around Net Zero Carbon and Net Positive Water
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable
equivalent experience or qualifications such as NVQ Level 3 Plumbing.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of Public Health Engineering/Plumbing Design.
- Prior experience working on Building Services projects.
- Experience or awareness of working in a design consultancy - some experience of working
within a contractor environment or on site is additionally welcome.
- Willingness to undertake site surveys and site inspections of Public Health services.
- Working towards or achieved chartered status and membership of SoPHE, CIPHE or CIBSE
- or equivalent.
- Experience in public health design including domestic water, sanitation and rainwater design
- as well as below ground drainage. In addition, fire protection design experience would be an
- advantage but not essential.
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, NBS (Specification Software) and Microsoft
- packages - an understanding of AutoCAD / Revit is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative, and
- operate in a pro-active way
- Work well in a close-knit team able to react at short notice to new project or personnel
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with
client is essential
- Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be provided
to undergo a security vetting process
What you'll get in return
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual development process. We support staff in achieving and maintaining membership of relevant institutions. You will also be part of our global Technical Networks, which provide a flow of technically orientated information and ideas through the company. Atkins will support you in your ongoing professional development. This includes paying your annual membership and providing access to training. Rewards and Benefits We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social clubs providing a wide range of activities. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.