Estates Project Manager
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
Do you have experience working in an estates, projects, mechanical or engineering role?
Are you a confident communicator with strong relationship building skills?
Do you like working in a role that is diverse and fast paced?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
About the role
As our Estates Project Manager, you will be responsible for the monitoring and management of Estates Projects. You will ensure the management of LCR and capital expenditure works on time and in budget. Reviewing PFI provider performance against key milestones and LCR project plans which include Building Services (Building Fabric, Mechanical and Electrical Services).
You will also oversee accommodation planning, liaising with stakeholders and managing a quality service, ensuring service provider standards are achieving, and be able to challenge if this is not being met, and working with the supplier to build strategies for improvements. You will also be responsible for ensuring forecasting, budgeting, and timely profiling and adjustments.
This is a fantastic opportunity as the role is of a fast-paced nature, sure to keep you engaged in your work, and ensuring no two days are the same. The role also offers exposure to a wide range of stakeholders enabling you to build relationships across DVLA as well as external customers. You will also have line management duties and overseeing the teams work.
Visit our DfT Careers website to learn more about the exciting work of DVLA’s FM community.
Successful candidates will become members of the Government Property Profession, with benefits including: opportunities for Government and industry-led CPD events; access to a diverse community of property professionals across government for sharing best practice; and a comprehensive career framework and learning and development curriculum to support your career journey. Click here for more information on how you can develop your career in Government Property.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Compiling Project Briefs and Specifications to advise and inform commercial procurement of services/project delivery via the Contract and other available Commercial Frameworks.
• Providing effective management on building related projects including Mechanical & Electrical, across all of the Agency’s sites. Reporting against plan, risks changes, costs against budget, dependencies, and mitigating actions. Acting as a liaison point for the contract provider and Professional advisors on new projects when raising commissions/feasibility studies.
• Providing effective management relating to real estate’s matters affecting the efficient running of the estate. Responsible for reporting of regular and timely information to Estates Project, Property and Security Stream Lead, Services Stream Lead and/or Head of Estates.
• High-level project management on new builds, reporting against plan, risks changes, costs against budget, dependencies, and mitigating actions. Act as a liaison point for the contractor provider and Professional advisors on new projects.
For further information about the role please see the attached role profile.
If you do not already hold the following qualifications, then this role will provide you with the opportunity to work towards these once in role:
• NEBOSH Certificate (National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety)
• Recognised qualification in either Mechanical, Electrical or Construction
• Professional membership of either CIBSE, CIOB or RICS
Closing date: 26/04/2022