Principal Manager [Mine Heat Licensing] - £55,000 - Permanent Full-Time Job - Nottinghamshire - Public Sector
Your new company
A forward thinking, public sector organisation with a people-centric focus based in Nottinghamshire. Incredibly supportive, offering progression and benefits. They provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining.
Your new role
- Strategically lead & develop the Mine Heat Licensing Program.
- To lead external engagement with key government departments, public and private organisations to maximise understanding of our mine heat licensing role and to develop appropriate opportunities for collaboration and enhance customer experience.
- To work with the Mine Heat Delivery Group in the successful delivery of Mine Heat licensing projects in a way that safeguards the public and provides assurance.
- Be accountable for the delivery of the agreed programmes to the stated objectives, on time and within budget.
- To work alongside the Head of Development to identify key areas of focus and to set direction.
- To manage the Mine Heat Licensing function for the authority and oversee the delivery of high quality services and processes.
- To lead and develop the team, ensuring it has the right balance of skills and experience to deliver its objectives.
- To oversee the delivery of internal and external development advice for Mine Heat licensing.
- To work with the Head of Heat and By-Product Innovation to ensure the organisation are able to service the growing pipeline of opportunities within the mine energy space and manage customer experience and expectations.
- To work with the Principal Manager - Licensing and Permissions to ensure the organisation is aligning customer experience and expectations.
- To identify departmental and Mine Heat licensing risks and ensure appropriate control measures and policies are developed, implemented and monitored throughout all work.
- To ensure a high quality of deliverables when recommending new licensed schemes or providing new guidance for our customers.
- Represent the organisation on matters of mine energy licensing with government bodies and others as may be required.
- To ensure that the organisation's statutory responsibilities relating to mine energy licensing are appropriately discharged.
What you'll need to succeed
You must act in accordance with the behaviours and values of the organisation, recognising that people are at the centre of their operations.
- Degree in mining, engineering, geo-technical or related field or extensive, demonstrable experience.
- Significant experience in engineering, geotechnical engineering and development.
- Experience of managing and delivering regulatory services.
- Experience of managing a delivery team.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise a high volume, detailed workload.
- Good interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Skilled leadership and team player.
- You'll be required to attend sites and sometimes stay overnight.
- Corporate membership of a relevant professional body (MRTPI, engineering, geotechnical or similar)
- Significant experience of project and programme delivery preferably in a mining/civil engineering/infrastructure/water management environment.
- Experience in a Minerals/Mining Industry or Construction field.
- Experience in contract management.
- Experience in land management.
- Experience in renewable technology/development.
- Budgetary management.
- Leadership/manager training.
What you'll get in return
Along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, they also offer the following benefits:
- £55,000 p/annum
- Exceptional Pension
- Holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours + WFH
- Enhanced maternity and paternity entitlement and shared parental leave
- Health friendly initiatives
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.