Principal Hydrology Consultant - Competitive Salary DOE - Midlands - Permanent Full-Time Job
Your new company
Joining the Environmental Team in a leading global multi-disciplinary consultancy. They specialise in all areas of the built and natural environment, shaping the future of our environmental, social and economic landscapes.
The company is flexible, friendly, and creative. They strive to be different from competitors by being passionate about delivering results. They define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with global expertise, they make it easy for clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic they solve problems that matter.
Your new role
You will be working with and managing a strong team of highly knowledgeable environmental consultants, giving you the opportunity to develop/refresh your skill set and progress your career. You'll be supported in providing assistance across a range of environmental projects and technical area's including:
Flood Risk Assessments
Hydrological Analysis using FEH, WINFAP and ReFH
Hydraulic Modelling using WinDes, Flood Modeller, TUFLOW etc.
Preparing Environment Statements
Undertaking site walkovers and support site environmental sampling and monitoring programmes
Undertaking literature and web-based research on technical issues
Data collection and processing
What you'll need to succeed
- A Degree (BSc / BEng) in a relevant subject (e.g. Environmental/Water Sciences, Hydrology, Climate Change, Chemistry) preferably with relevant Masters (MSc) or post graduate qualification.
- You will have a strong technical understanding of the key sources of flooding and sustainable drainage, be proficient with report writing and have knowledge of the UK environmental regulatory guidance; NPPF, Planning Practice Guidance, TAN15 and SPP7 and experience with dealing with environmental Regulators's (EA/NRW/SEPA).
- Great communication skills are a must as you'll need to be able to build strong working relationships with your colleagues, clients and external bodies.
- Commitment to developing your technical knowledge and a positive approach to your own professional development is essential and is fully supported by the company.
What you'll get in return
You will be provided with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. You'll be supported to innovate, collaborate and build a meaningful career. Their network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects across the UK.
- Competitive salaries
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays [Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year]
- Company pension scheme
- Group Disability Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Screening
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Dental Cover
- Gadget Insurance
- Professional Memberships and access to flexible benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.