Principal Hydrology Consultant - Competitive Salary DOE - Midlands - Permanent Full-Time Job
Your new company
Joining the Environmental Team in a leading global multi-disciplinary consultancy. They specialise in all areas of the built and natural environment, shaping the future of our environmental, social and economic landscapes. They are open to consider part-time or job share as well as professionals looking to return to work.
The company is flexible, friendly, and creative. They strive to be different from competitors by being passionate about delivering results. They define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with global expertise, they make it easy for clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic they solve problems that matter.
Your new role
- Prepare/Technically review Flood Risk Assessments, Sustainable Drainage Strategies, Hydrology & Flood Risk chapters for Environment Statements.
- Prepare fee quotes and tenders, and technical review of those prepared by other team members;
- Provision of commercially focused, innovative, practical advice to clients at all stages of a project;
- Meeting attendance, liaison and negotiation with clients and regulators;
- Source fee quotes and advice from other internal teams and external contractors (e.g. topographic surveyors, planning consultants, other technical specialists);
- Project management (e.g. managing budgets, ensuring client timeframes and objectives are met, regular communication with client, reviewing terms of contract, invoicing, ensuring internal Quality Control procedures are followed);
- Maintaining relationships with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients through business development;
- Mentoring, training and supervising more junior team members, potentially with line management responsibilities.
What you'll need to succeed
- An experienced, preferably chartered, professional with a strong proven track record within a consultancy environment.
- Able to inspire, manage and develop junior team members;
- Able to provide innovative, commercially minded, high quality environmental solutions to clients on time and budget;
- Able to demonstrate complete knowledge of the NPPF, associated PPG and SuDS guidance, with a good understanding of the UK planning regime.
- Experience of Microdrainage / Infodrainage modelling and hydraulic modelling techniques (e.g. Flood Modeller Pro/Tuflow) an advantage;
- Environmental Science, Hydrology or similar degree, preferably with a related MSc;
What you'll get in return
You will be provided with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. You'll be supported to innovate, collaborate and build a meaningful career. Their network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects across the UK.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays [Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year]
- Company pension scheme
- Group Disability Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Screening
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Dental Cover
- Gadget Insurance
- Professional Memberships and access to flexible benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.