Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Up to £70,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing boutique multidisciplinary consultancy as a Senior Fire Protection Engineer. You will get the chance to take a Lead role not only on projects but with your own team, furthermore you will be given the opportunity to take directorial positions within due course.
Senior Fire Protection Engineer Responsibilities
- Managing multiple engineering projects simultaneously from conception through to onsite completion. You will be informing and supporting the building design aspirations, functionality, and architectural form throughout the design process.
- Undertaking business development activities including identifying potential workstreams. work winning and establishing a network of clients.
- Being customer and end user centric and cultivate that philosophy in our team.
- Managing others in developing and implementing fire strategies, projects, research initiatives and digital strategies.
- Managing our external collaborators some of whom are based internationally.
- Prepare reports, take part in design team meetings, and liaise with client representatives as required
- Managing financial performance on any assigned projects, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality design.
- The day-to-day coordination and supervision of the activities of an internal project team ensuring project deliverables are achieved.
- Supporting the development of less experienced team members and checking their work in accordance with technical standards and core operational procedures.
- Developing fire engineering solutions on projects and ensuring the fire engineering strategy delivered.
- Identify design related issues and propose solutions as appropriate. Be aware when assistance is necessary and seek support from experienced members of the team when appropriate.
- Negotiating with approving authorities.
- Devising and applying performance-based design solutions.
- Producing engineering designs, calculations and specifications using appropriate software.
- The preparation and development of fee proposals.
- Assisting with recruitment activities as and when required
Senior Fire Protection Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Fire Engineering or relevant equivalent
- Experience in a similar position within a consultancy or contractor
- Operating at a senior level already
- Ideally Chartered and a member of a recognised authority
- Proven experience of leading internal project delivery teams.
- Extensive experience of delivering fire engineering solutions for both UK and international projects.
If you think you would be interested in working with a brilliant consultancy with the opportunity to truly progress your career as a Fire Protection Engineer then get in touch with Kye Nessling today.