Translink's Infrastructure & Projects division are recruiting a BIM Information Coordinator.
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with Translink to recruit a BIM Information Coordinator to join their Infrastructure & Projects team based in their new Milewater Service Centre in Belfast.
With around 3,800 employees across various locations throughout the province, Translink are one of Northern Ireland's largest employers who established over 50 years ago when Northern Ireland Railways, Ulsterbus and Citybus came together to form Translink. Translink have long been considered an employer of choice in the local market offering interesting and diverse work with genuine prospects for career progression.
Your new role
This is a permanent job based in Belfast working from Translink's state of the art Milewater Service Centre in Duncrue, Belfast.
The BIM Information Coordinator will be required to support the BIM Manager in implementing Translink's BIM Strategy across multiple projects. This will include coordinating information from across the supply chain, ensuring it complies with the required standard and liaison across multiple departments within Translink.
The key responsibilities are:
* Responsible for providing BIM Information Coordination and document control support to the BTH and wider IPD capital projects. The BIM Information Coordinator will be an integral member of the delivery team providing support as required across capital projects and input at every stage from project inception through to completion and handover.
* Working with the BIM Manager to establish and implement a Translink Information standard for projects to ensure consistency of file and document naming and sharing.
* Accountable for clearly communicating the BIM information requirements to the wider team to ensuring they are easy to apply and create the consistency required.
* Liaison with Translink's Contracts Department, Project Managers and Procurement Advisors to ensure that robust information management and document control descriptions and clauses are included in tender documentation for upcoming projects.
* Liaison with the BIM Manager to establish/ agree the Common Data Environment for each project (either supplied by designer, main works contractor or Translink), agree appropriate file formats, data structures, file naming conventions and approval workflow processes to ensure a collaborative working environment is delivered aligned with ISO 19650 for BIM.
* Liaison with the BIM Manager to establish the hardware, software and training required to integrate Information Management and excellent document control procedures into business as usual across Infrastructure & Projects.
* Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisation's equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with your job role.
What you'll need to succeed
To be eligible to apply for the this position you must meet the essential criteria, as follows:
- Minimum of two years' experience in developing and implementing Information coordination and document control processes on large multidisciplinary building or infrastructure projects.
- Experience in producing or developing information standards that can be easily adopted and communicated across an organisation.
- Possess a degree or equivalent qualification with two years' relevant experience or an HNC/HND or equivalent qualification with four years' relevant experience.
Relevant experience to include two of the following:
o Experience setting up a CDE environment on a platform which supports BIM methodology and adoption of the latest ISO 19650 for BIM
o Technical experience of reviewing and implementing company/ corporate information management protocols and naming conventions
o Experience providing front facing communications with multiple stakeholders to include designers, subcontractors, key client representatives and colleagues.
o Experience managing information delivered against key deadlines and configuration or management of the CDE to support this.
o Technical knowledge and experience of reviewing/ auditing to ensure information standards are achieved and reported on.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent position working with a highly experienced team of construction professionals. You will be an integral part of the delivery on many high profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub in additional to their exciting pipeline of future capital schemes.
Benefits include; NILGOSC pension scheme, Competitive basic salary, 34 days annual leave, 37 hour week, Flexible working, Free onsite parking, Free travel throughout the Translink NI network, Genuine career progression routes.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.