Mechanical Associate - Oxford - £55 - £60K + Package
Due to planned growth, we are looking for a Mechanical Associate to join with a large, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based in Oxford.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from a true flexible working policy, flexible working hours, company car allowance, private healthcare, pension, life insurance, 25 days leave, annual bonus, and the potential of equity in the future.
You'll enjoy working on a broad range of projects, typically £5 to £50M across the science and research, education, healthcare, mixed-use and industrial sectors. And rather than only getting involved in preliminary or detailed design; here you'll get to see projects through from feasibility to construction.
- Working as a trusted advisor to clients, architects, and developers.
- Leading the Mechanical team and reviewing their calculations, designs, and reports.
- Providing expert and impartial advice on best practices relating to NZC building design.
- Managing projects and a project team, during concept and detailed design stages.
- Managing workload, resources, and fees on projects.
- Overseeing the installation of the MEP services during key project milestones.
- Maintaining a register of CPD for yourself.
- Assessing the teams' skills and training requirements, approving any additional CPD or training requirements.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with other inhouse disciplines such as architects, surveyors and energy and sustainability engineers.
- Degree qualified in a relevant field such as Building Services, Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum of eight years' experience in Building Services.
- Previous experience leading projects and leading a team of engineers.
This is a rare opportunity for a Mechanical Associate (or Principal who is ready to step up into an Associate role) to join an ethical, and well-established consultancy who are passionate about investing and developing their employees.