Senior Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon Engineer - To £55K + Package
Enjoy full autonomy for the shaping the future direction and focus of the sustainability team of the Hampshire branch of a global architectural practice.
As a Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon leader, you'll get to utilise your interests in Sustainability, Building Physics, Architecture and R&D to their full potential. Reporting to and supported by the Partners you'll be responsible for integrating innovative low energy solutions, materials, or technology to drive true, net zero carbon buildings and developments across the UK and abroad.
We are a medium sized architectural practice and have grown steadily over the past five years. We regularly compete against much larger practices such as Allies and Morrison, Hawkins\Brown and Foster+ Partners, however we provide a unique culture and service offering.
Rather than having to specialise in either new build / master planning or listed buildings, here you'll get involved in both areas.
As our Lead Sustainability Engineer, you'll lead and develop this group; focusing on new research to drive our thought leadership around NZC and the circular economy. You'll partner with clients and develop a range of energy efficient solutions in order to deliver the most sustainable traditional architecture and urban design projects possible.
You'll use your knowledge of holistic design and energy efficient building design to influence the sustainability elements on projects. You'll ensure our signature style is maintained whilst ensuring the sustainability intent is carried through and realised on site; and not value engineered out.
Our office environment is a positive space, with a focus on the enjoyment of being at work, staff well-being and maintaining a work-life balance. We promote an agile working policy with flexible work hours and the ability to work from home, two or three days a week. You'll also be supported with career development, with ongoing training and mentoring provided and be encouraged to join our Junior board.
- Provide innovative sustainability-led solutions to design and construction issues.
- Lead our thermal performance, daylight/sunlight, embodied carbon offering.
- Liaise with clients and recommend the most appropriate environmental benchmarking system such as Passivhaus, BREEAM, HQM, WLCA or Nabers.
- Lead post-occupancy studies to minimise the energy performance gap.
- Assist in producing sustainability fee proposals.
- Establish and lead an internal environmental research group
- Disseminate project-based research and knowledge or new developments across the offices