Senior Hydrogeologist - Full-Time Permanent Job - Birmingham - Competitive Salary DOE
Your new company
A prestigious & international company with 21,000 employees worldwide, and conscious of the company's impact in the communities which they live and work. Their vision of the future is to incorporate the concepts of sustainability more fully into their daily operations. Some of their clients include; Uk MoD, Amazon, Sainsbury's and various local; authorities, housing and retail.
They operate nationally and manage several high-profile groundwater frameworks and contracts. Due to their recent success in securing several long term groundwater resource evaluation and implementation projects, there is a unique opportunity for an ambitious hydrogeologist to join.
You'll be joining at an exciting time in the growth and development of the business. This is a senior position at either Senior Hydrogeologist or Principal grade (depending on your experience) with a focus on the management, growth and development of groundwater services.
Your new role
You'll need to be enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated, with strong commercial and technical skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. You'll also need to have a sound technical understanding of the UK's groundwater abstraction regulatory and licensing regime and be able to demonstrate experience in tendering and managing projects of at least £100k+ value.
- Act as the day-to-day client interface.
- Conduct site visits for technical assessment and problem-solving based on current UK guidance and best practice.
- Management and technical delivery of Hydrogeological Risk Assessments and Desk Top Studies.
- Site supervision of small to large scale site investigation works, including costing, procuring of work from sub-contractors, soil and rock logging and sampling, scheduling of chemical / environmental and geotechnical analysis, ground gas and groundwater monitoring.
- Logging of soils and rocks to BS5930, and Eurocode7.
- Preparation and review of health and safety documentation including risk assessments and method statements.
- Preparation and peer review of factual and interpretative desk studies and site investigation reports including production of conceptual site models and quantitative controlled waters risks assessments.
- Undertake and support the design, implementation and interpretation of site investigation data.
- Undertake role of employer's representative / Supervisor on site investigation projects.
- Checking and review of junior members of staff and support senior staff to ensure delivery of projects.
- Mentoring of junior staff, providing technical guidance and constructive support to aid their development in areas of site investigation, assessment and report writing.
- Liaison with clients, local and wider geo-environmental team members and other disciplines on key projects.
- Input into tenders and preparation of fee proposals.
- Support experienced project managers.
- Preparation of method statements.
- Liaison with contractors, laboratories and regulators.
- Field based work including monitoring and contractor supervision.
- Data collection, collation and analysis.
- Report checking.
What you'll need to succeed
Essential Skills / Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a good honours degree in earth sciences, geology or geochemistry and a master's degree or doctorate in hydrogeology.
- The ability to analyse information and to present this logically and accurately in reports or verbal presentations.
- Proficient at writing interpretative reports in support of abstraction licence applications for new individual private and public supplies as well as licences for new well fields.
- Experience in designing and procuring groundwater abstraction investigations, desk based analysis of pumping test data for confined and unconfined aquifer systems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Experience of using pumping test analysis software such as Aquifer Win32, Aquitest and other.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, as well as being willing to work individually.
- You will need to be a team player willing to work away from your base office, with a high level of personal responsibility and adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Full clean driving licence
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including Word and Excel;
- Ability to use groundwater modelling packages such as MODFLOW;
- An understanding of water chemistry;
- Water treatment experience to a public supply standard.
- Borehole design, installation and pumping test analysis.
What you'll get in return
Within this role will be given the opportunity to further develop your project management and leadership skills in a fast growing and dynamic consultancy environment.
- Salary [DOE]
- Health and wellness benefits
- Financial Benefits
Training & Development:
- Project management
- Fearless entrepreneur program
- Leadership academy
- ToolTalk Webcast Series
- Achievement awards
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.