Scottish Prison Service
Maintenance Manager – National Contracts (NEMC)
Salary: Up to £46,017 dependent upon qualifications, skills and experience (plus an annual supplement of £4,000)
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Headquarters (Edinburgh)/Hybrid
Our Estates and Technical Services team within the SPS Headquarters, in Edinburgh, is looking for 2 Maintenance Managers for National Contracts to join their expanding team.
The role of Maintenance Manager will be to plan, prioritise, procure and manage all external Estate maintenance resources required to support Area Maintenance Managers in maintaining the SPS estate. Regular engagement will be required with Area Maintenance managers to determine the level of external support required, identifying gaps in resource and compliance to ensure specialist external contracts are arranged and Estates Service Level Agreements are met.
As Maintenance Manager for National Contracts you will undertake the key role of Contract Manager for all NEMC contracts, chairing meetings and ensuring swift resolutions to any issues relating to non-performance. In addition, the post holder will ensure processes and procedures are kept updated for Establishment Maintenance teams to assist with the day-to-day management, communication, and escalation of NEMC and LEMC contracts. By monitoring and reporting performance, risks, issues, gaps and efficiencies of NEMC Contracts, the Maintenance Manager will provide valuable input into the SPS Estates Budget Plan as well as providing reports to the Area Maintenance Managers and Head of Maintenance.
The role offers the opportunity to travel across all Scottish Prison Service sites and as such a driving licence would be advantageous, however SPS is willing to consider proposals put forward by applicants to carry out the duties by any other means.
If you have the following, we would like to hear from you:
- Served a relevant apprenticeship in an electrical or mechanical discipline at SVQ level 3 (or equivalent), with a minimum HNC in a relevant electrical, mechanical, building services or construction related discipline.
- Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions, plan and organise workload and communicate and build effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate a variety of issues and requirements to a wide audience.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical and building services which support complex modern buildings.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and relevant statutory legislative requirements.
- Proven experience of planning, implementing, co-ordinating and budgeting multi-million pound contracts.
- Proven experience of successfully leading and managing change, through influencing and empowering people and teams to deliver organisational outcomes
Benefits on offer include (but are not limited to):
- Attractive Pension (Civil Service)
- Supportive towards candidates attaining Industry Recognised Qualifications
- Specialist Training
- Annual Leave - 37 days rising to 42 days
- Employee Savings scheme, including Cycle to Work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick Pay
For further information on this exciting opportunity, including full job description, person specification, assessment process and to apply for this vacancy please visit www.sps.gov.uk.
Closing date: 16 May 2022.