Facilities Supervisor for a temporary role in a local authority
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To assist in providing a pro-active high quality facility management support to colleagues and clients. To include participation in the development, procurement and maintenance of the planned preventative and reactive maintenance schedules across North Northamptonshire portfolio of premises.
2. To handle individual tasks and develop a workload with a level of supervision.
3. To acquire and develop facilities management skills through assisting the Facilities Supervisor and facilities management team in a wide variety of duties.
4. To assist in ensuring electrical and mechanical equipment within NNC facilities is operated, inspected and maintained in accordance to Manufacturer and Operational Procedures.
5. To assist in the supervision of premises security, and to keep up to date attendance records of all facilities employees, adhering to relevant policies and timescales. Provide support in securing buildings if required along with allocation of work tasks, however so issued.
6. To assist in the operation of computer based management programmes (Building Management Systems) to monitor the facility and make appropriate adjustments.
7. Under the direction of the Facilities Manager to assist with monitoring of contractor performance in terms of standard of work, compliance with specification and instigating supervisory action or correspondence.
8. Under the direction of the Facilities Manager support project work.
9. Under the direction of the Facilities manager, to prepare invitations to quote/tender for soft/hard services, including scheduling minor works, obtaining quotations, instructing third parties in respect thereof.
10. To support the Facilities Management team with proactive financial monitoring of budget and identifying and implementing efficiency savings.
11. To develop expertise in the use of information communication technology for setting up and maintaining Building Information.
12. To assist in receiving and managing general enquiries.
13. Promote customer care and quality of performance at all times.
14. Ensure a customer focused approach in all aspects of the service both internal & external.
15. Ensure a pro-active approach is taken to Equality & Diversity issues.
16. Attend site meetings as dictated by contractual works and liaising with contractors' supervisory staff, premises technicians, cleaners &security staff.
17. Assist in the attendance of out of hour's meetings with tenants, residents and clients to report on and present all aspects of future programmed works, to undertake consultation and quality initiatives all as directed by the Facilities Supervisor.
18. Carry out other duties as required commensurate with the grading of the post.
19. Ensure that the Health and Safety of themselves and all others affected by their work is a priority and H&S procedures and policies are strictly followed and adhered to.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience
Good property knowledge and understanding of facilities management principles, building construction and building services.
Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, verbally and in writing
Able to work in an organised self-motivated manner
Relevant work experience
Ability to prioritise and manage the progress of own work and balance competing demands
Experience of working in local government
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and sustain relationships
Responsible attitude towards work and the ability to use initiative
Good analytical skills evidenced by problem solving and making appropriate decisions
Able to operate within and help develop effective teams
Experienced and adept in using computer based programmes and processes
Miscellaneous Valid driving licence
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.