Your new company
As part of the company's continued growth, they are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic senior to join our expanding team at either their North Aston or Corby office. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your ecological skills and provide tailored advice to clients on large-scale projects, supporting the Chipping Norton ecological team with specific species advice.
Your new role
This role provides the opportunity to develop your experience of providing specialist ecological input on large-scale projects and supporting the wider team with specialist advice on ecological surveys, strategies, the planning system and relevant up to date ecological policy and guidelines. You will also have the opportunity to line manage other team members.
- Undertaking ecological surveys including protected species surveys;
- Direct management of large-scale or flagship projects;
- Line management of ecology team members;
- Representing the company at external events;
- Tendering and budgeting for new work and securing an appropriate level of new instructions and contract extensions;
- Engaging with statutory agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders on behalf of Clients;
- Assistance in wider company projects, including cross business unit working opportunities; and
- Providing senior support and specialist knowledge to ongoing ecological projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- A senior level of experience in the ecological industry;
- Have a detailed knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques and keeps up to date with new technologies and best practice;
- Strong experience of client liaison, support and business acumen;
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- A degree and post-graduate degree in environmental science or ecology (or equivalent experience);
- Associate or full membership of CIEEM (or meeting the criteria and willingness to apply);
- Hold a protected species licence (preferably for bats);
- Strong experience of EPS mitigation licences preferable; and
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey work and to work away from home (occasional).
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary: £33,000-£38,000 p/annum
- Training & Development
- Outdoor equipment allowance
- Flexible working options
- Opportunity to manage others
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.