We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Clients busy MEP department based in their Edinburgh Office. You will be in charge of the design and delivery of several prestigious projects, as well as assisting senior management daily. You will also be responsible for assisting junior/graduate engineers in their development as well as contributing to the coordination of the mechanical department's workload.
You will be representing this highly regarded consultancy through direct contact with clients and other design team members, so excellent communication skills are required. You should be a self-motivated team player with a passion for engineering and the projects you deliver, as well as the desire to advance your career.
The role would include the candidate's training and development, including working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer if this has not already been achieved.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the mechanical design on projects assigned to you, including detailed design information and specifications.
- To assist in the management of projects or specific elements of projects to meet deadlines.
- To work closely with the Technical Directors/Directors to ensure that tasks are scheduled and completed.
- To help with the supervision and management of junior/graduate engineers.
- You must be aware of the amount of time and money spent on projects.
- Excellent delivery and client relationships must be maintained to ensure repeat business.
- Participate actively in the day-to-day operations of the design office and help to improve efficiencies and quality.
Senior Mechanical Engineer required Skills and Experience:
- A relevant degree in Mechanical or Building Services is required. Other degrees will be considered and reviewed in accordance with the job requirements.
- Membership in a relevant Institution.
- Previous and current experience in a similar role.
- Excellent day-to-day IT abilities.
- AutoCAD and REVIT experience is required.
- Knowledge of software packages such as Hevacomp and IES.
- Working knowledge of Building Regulations, technical standards, and CIBSE Guides.
- Understand the RIBA Plan of Work stages and the level of detail/input required for each.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and manage own workload.
- To be a self-assured and capable individual with excellent technical and communication abilities.
- To be able to represent the company in direct contact with clients and other members of the design team.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career while learning and working alongside a highly experienced and knowledgeable team. If you are an engineer who wants to improve your skills and provide cost-effective solutions while working,
Please contact Jed Canham via email at jed @conradconsulting.co.uk.