Energy and Sustainability Engineer - To £40K+ Package
Due to growth, I'm looking for an Energy and Sustainability Engineer who is able to use IES Ve to join a medium sized engineering consultancy based near Bank / Liverpool Street in London.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability you'll get involved in a broad range of duties such as Part L Modelling, Energy Performance Certificates, Display Energy Certificates, Dynamic Thermal Modelling (Design for Performance), Thermal Comfort Assessments and assisting with the production of Energy Strategies and Energy Statements.
You'll liaise with the MEP design teams, clients and architects and discuss how building physics, passive design strategies, Low and Zero Carbon technology and CFD can be applied in order to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions on projects across London and the Southeast.
Rather than being stuck behind a screen in the office all day, you'll also enjoy attending Client and Design Team meetings throughout the design and construction phases of projects. You'll also have the opportunity of developing your skills in carrying out heating and cooling load calculations, and gain exposure to Revit, BIM 360 and Navisworks.
- Able to use IESVe.
- Good understanding of building services and building physics.
- Ideally a CIBSE LCC (Low Carbon Consultant) or CIBSE LCEA (Low Carbon Energy Assessor) or registered OCDEA (SAP Assessor)
- Able to work in the UK, without the need to be sponsored initially (Please note individuals with suitable experience and a 2-year PSW will be considered)
- Previous experience with commercial (new build and CAT A or CAT B fit out), mixed-use, or residential projects.
- Awareness of other industry packages such as Rhino, Honeybee, Grasshopper or Ladybug.