Building Physics Consultant
Up to £50,000
Our client is looking for a Building Physics Consultant with a particular focus on thermal modelling capabilities. This is an internationally recognised multidisciplinary consultancy that are going through a period of growth, and thus are now looking to hire a host of engineers to match their project portfolio. This consultancy work on a variety of projects. They pay very well and have created an environment where everybody enjoys coming to work and because of this they have extremely low staff turnover.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant you will undertake dynamic thermal modelling and simulation work, assisting in other areas if required (e.g. renewable energy assessments, energy audits, BREEAM, mechanical services design, etc).
Typical responsibilities will involve:
- Carrying out dynamic thermal modelling simulations
- Actively liaising with other inhouse designers as well as external contractors and architects.
- Report & tender preparations.
- Assist in the expansion of the building physics and energy masterplanning capabilities of the team
Building Physics Consultant Requirments:
- Degree in Relevant field
- Held a similar position within the built environment
- Experience / proficiency in the use of IES or other similar software packages; ability to prepare thermal models and undertake heating and cooling loads calculations, daylight modelling, Part L calculations, natural ventilation simulations and overheating analysis.
- Up to date knowledge of legislation/ British standards
- Sound understanding of mechanical design
- Knowledge/experience in BREEAM - desirable
This would be a brilliant opportunity for a Building Physics Consultant to join a business that really values its employees. If you want to find out more about this role and company then get in touch with Kye nessling today on 01728 726 125 - Kye @ Conradconsulting.co.uk