Energy Consultant to £55k
Human Capital Solutions partner with the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, they advise on all aspects of commercial property to help their clients realise the true value of their properties, estates and portfolios.
This property consultancy advises on more commercial property than any other adviser across the United Kingdom.
Due to growth, they are now looking for an Energy Consultant for their London office.
We are looking for an individual to work with a selection of the world's top real estate companies to help them meet their energy management requirements. The role, whilst working with other engineers, also has a high level of autonomy to suggest and lead on new ideas. As the entry level position to the team, there will be significant opportunities for training and career development. The role is primarily focused to the UK, with occasional opportunities around the EU.
The NZC team provide expert advice directly to clients across Energy Due Diligence, Energy Engineering, Renewables, Design for Performance and Portfolio Risk Assessment. This work feeds off the M&E projects that occur across all of their client's buildings and portfolio's.
This consultancy covers every possible aspect of commercial property, which puts them in a unique position and allows them to provide a full turnkey solution to their clients, when it comes to providing a true, Net Zero Carbon solution.
The role will give you direct access to clients, working on the client's behalf as part of the client team. This is a real opportunity to take ownership of your own client base, developing an entrepreneurial approach to client's needs and gain a clear understanding of the commercial drivers behind property ownership and development.
You will work within a growing and visionary organisation, comprised of the best and brightest professionals. They passionately believe people are their foundation upon which their success is built. They understand that a career is about more than just hard work. It's about achievement, rewards, job satisfaction and work/life balance.
They have been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008 and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
You will get an excellent salary negotiable depending on your level of experience + car allowance, bonus along with an extensive benefits package including Pension, BUPA, travel loans, memberships etc.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the delivery of projects and be responsible for the completion of tasks on time, to quality and within an agreed budget under the supervision of more senior team members.
- Projects will include technical input to complete energy saving calculations, working with our in-house building optimisation software and other third-party ESG platforms to provide remote analytical support reviewing energy consumption trends, identifying unexpected usage, and suggesting potential causes/solutions.
- With supervision, projects will also include onsite energy audits, the development of net zero carbon strategies and the development of metering and data collection solutions.
- Support senior team members with business development activities, such as proposal writing, and will maintain strong relationships with existing clients through professional interactions
What you'll need:
- A completed Degree in Engineering and an understanding of energy use in buildings.
- 2+ years of experience in energy consultancy for real estate
- Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
- High level of competency in information technology, including Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently and creatively on challenging problems.
- Desire to travel nationally and potentially internationally to implement company projects.
Please get in touch for more details.