Head of Energy Due Diligence to £80k
Human Capital Solutions partner with the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm who advise on all aspects of commercial property and help blue chip clients realise the true value of their properties, estates and portfolios.
This property consultancy advises on more commercial property than any other adviser across the United Kingdom.
Due to growth, they are now looking for a Head of Energy Due Diligence for their London office.
We are looking for an individual with a strong background in energy and mechanical and electrical operation in the built environment, with a passion for innovation and driving change. The position will provide a lead role for the energy consultancy core team, with direct report to the Head of Energy Management.
The NZC team provide expert advice directly to clients across Energy Due Diligence, Energy Engineering, Renewables, Design for Performance and Portfolio Risk Assessment. This work feeds off the M&E projects that occur across all of their client's buildings and portfolio's.
They advise on every possible aspect of commercial property, which puts them in a unique position and allows them to provide a full turnkey solution to their clients, when it comes to providing a true, Net Zero Carbon solution.
The role will give you direct access to clients, working on the client's behalf as part of the client team. This is a real opportunity to take ownership of your own client base, developing an entrepreneurial approach to client's needs and gain a clear understanding of the commercial drivers behind property ownership and development.
You will work within a growing and visionary organisation, comprised of the best and brightest professionals. They passionately believe people are their foundation upon which their success is built. They understand that a career is about more than just hard work. It's about achievement, rewards, job satisfaction and work/life balance.
They have been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008 and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
You will get an excellent salary negotiable depending on your level of experience + car allowance, bonus along with an extensive benefits package including Pension, BUPA, travel loans, memberships etc.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee, and quality assure, the provision of energy consultancy services to Clients and provide expert energy advice to internal and external stakeholders especially in due diligence phase.
- Actively engage with the Head of Investor Strategies & Transactions, ESG Consultancy to support the wider Technical Due Diligence Service: engaging with investors to understand their ambition in the Net Zero and Energy space when acquiring new clients, evaluate Real Estate investment vs clients' ambitions and develop a plan to mitigate the risks of non-compliances
- Develop and maintain key client relationships and maximize opportunities for repeat business
- Manage contracts, budgets and costs to ensure profitable growth for the energy consultancy core team
- Communicate/collaborate with the wider Environmental Consultancy group and Engineering Consultancy teams as well as the wider National business
- Enhance the exposure of the Energy Management team in the built environment and further business development efforts by attending and/or speaking at industry events, conferences, and other external engagements
- Innovate processes, products, and services to drive efficiencies and effectiveness, and provide support for other team's initiatives
What you'll need:
- A completed Master's or Bachelors degree.
- At least eight years' experience working at a design engineering, energy consultancy or commercial real estate advisor.
- Experience & knowledge around building thermodynamics, M&E design, especially in the HVAC environment, BMS main operation principles; and building operation (FM/PM)
- Experience in coordinating both consultants and site engineers
- Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
- Proficiency in Office 365 environment, including Microsoft Excel including VBA environment, Power BI and Tabloid
- Knowledge of any other programming language is welcomed (e.g. C++, Python)
Please get in touch for more details.