Senior Sustainability Engineer - To £50K
Supported by an Associate or Principal, you'll work as part of a team of 20 Sustainability Engineers and Building Physics Engineers.
You'll help develop a range of sustainable design solutions for projects based in the UK and abroad; and be responsible for carrying out detailed dynamic thermal modeling analysis (Using IES VE) to help clients achieve their net zero carbon aspirations on projects.
Working closely with the inhouse team of coders, you'll also help develop bespoke industry methods and tools to solve complex problems, that off the shelf software just can't solve.
You'll also work in close collaboration with the inhouse MEP Design Engineers and use simulation to challenge and integrate their design process during the early stages of a project. You'll be instrumental in helping design buildings that utilize the least amount of energy and carbon, yet enhance the overall health and wellbeing of the individuals or communities that occupy these buildings.
- Developing energy and sustainability statements that satisfy either Local Planning Authorities or the London Plan.
- Produce Net Zero Carbon reports that comply with the NABERS UK Design for Performance UKGBC and LETI frameworks.
- Preparing Technical Reports using IES to assess Part L compliance and for greater Building Performance
- Producing EPC's using IES VE or IES Apache HVAC (dynamic simulation Thermal Modelling)
- Providing expert advice on building physics, overheating analysis, occupant comfort, air flow analysis, natural ventilation, daylight, and sunlight levels.
- Carrying out R&D into renewable technologies.
- Offering clients Part L2 advice to achieve compliance or improve the efficiency of their existing buildings.
- Ongoing training and development
- 37-hour week with an early finish on a Friday.
- Private medical insurance
- Free health and well-being / mindfulness activities
- Collaborative working environment
- Freedom to just get on with your role, rather than being micromanaged
- No probation, i.e. you have full rights from day one of your employment
- Opportunity to work on UK and international projects
- Opportunity to work or do secondments in other global offices in Australia, US or SE Asia.
- Able to work closely with architects and clients.
- Confident discussing the environmental (Sustainability) aspects or strategies of all the projects under your control.
- Able to work in the UK without the need to be sponsored.
- Degree Qualified in Building Services Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Ideally a CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant or CIBSE Low Carbon Energy Assessor (LCC & LCEA)
- Ideally able to sign off EPCs level 3, 4 & 5 using IES