Senior Energy Engineer ( Energy Consultant / Building Physics ) To £55K + Package + Travel + Bonus
Looking for more of a client-side role? Ever considered moving away from traditional consultancy into a commercial real estate advisor and working directly with clients?
Rather than just working as an external consultant for clients here you will be seen as a trusted advisor and get to work directly with the end user client. Rather than just working on a single building at a time, working for a commercial real estate advisor will allow you to have an influence on 100's of buildings on behalf of a client.
With an office and presence, in every major city across the UK, they utilise this extensive knowledge network and work as a trusted advisor to the majority of the FTSE 500. Some of their current projects involve doing the EPC's for landmark buildings such as the Shard, the Walkie Talkie and the Leadenhall Building.
As a Senior Energy Engineer (Energy Consultant / Building Physics) you'll work as part of a dedicated ESG Team, which is currently 60 individuals. This ESG team are very much front and centre of the business, rather than being a support division of another team and have ambitious plans to double in size over the next five years.
Working closely with property investors, occupiers, and fund managers you'll enjoy a diverse role consisting of preparing EPCs for complex buildings and advising clients on what they need to do in order for their buildings to achieve Net Zero Carbon.
You'll use IESVE to model buildings and help blue chip clients with the acquisition, management and divestment of their property portfolios. This will include working closely with the inhouse MEP Engineers to ensure these buildings reduce their operational energy and carbon and continue to operate as efficiently as possible.
You'll act able to act as a point of contact for clients, collaborate effectively with a range of colleagues and engage with other stakeholders. You'll be responsible for preparing EPCs (primarily DSM, using IES) and provide expert advice which identify risks, opportunities, and mitigation strategies for clients' portfolios.
This will allow you to develop a true appreciation of whole life cycle of a building essentially setting you apart from your peers and future proofing your career as a Sustainability Consultant.
In addition to developing your skills in Level 5 EPC's (using IESVe) you'll also be supported by the Associate Director to develop new skills in MEES (Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards), and a range of environmental benchmarking systems such as Nabers, Well, BREEAM and LEED.
- Expert user of IESVe and ideally previous experience carrying out Dynamic Simulation Modelling.
- Previous experience working on existing buildings.
- Good understanding of Building Services eg plant, AHU's thermal comfort, lighting, daylighting, &
- Comfortable liaising with clients, property managers, tenants and external specialist consultants.
- Understanding of, or at least a keen interest in of operational energy certification, such as NABERS.
- 27 days leave, 7.5% employer pension, 4 x Life Assurance and Private Healthcare.
- Interest free season ticket loan or cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing CPD including sponsorship to undertake day release.
- Annual bonus (Typically between 7.5% to 10%).
- Company Car or Car allowance
- 35-hour working week.
- Option of working from home up to three days a week.