Local not-for-profit are seeking an FM Assistant to join their Belfast team as part of their expansion.
Your new company
Hays are working with a not-for-profit organisation who have multiple sites across Northern Ireland comprising of modern office facilities. Their Facilities Management team is expanding which means they are now seeking to add a Facilities Management Assistant who will support with all Maintenance, Real Estate and Facilities Management activities at their Belfast site.
Your new role
You will work as an integral member of the Facilities and Corporate Real Estate Team to provide a professional and comprehensive facilities service to all users of the site.
* Managing general upkeep and maintenance of the buildings, ensuring all Health and Safety standard and legal requirements are met
* Assist with building management systems and access control training
* Managing and adjusting energy systems to ensure compliance and efficiency
* Assist with management of services, such as cleaning, waste disposal, catering and parking
* Liaise with relevant contractors and partners to ensure all defects or issues are resolved efficiently and with minimal disruption
* Respond urgently to emergencies as they arise
* Assist with management of refurbishment, renovations and office moves
* Assists with budget management and tracking payments
* Assist with management of office systems, including ICT and office equipment
* Provide administrative support to the Facilities Manager in the procurement process, including development and issue of tender documentation, maintaining applicable audit trails and building processes and procedures
* Strong customer service skills to ensure all issues are responded to in a timely manner, with consistent communication to users throughout
What you'll need to succeed
To be eligible for this role you will have:
- Educated to secondary level or equivalent BTEC qualification
- Previous experience of working within construction/facilities management position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity in technology, including audio visual, tele and video conferencing and
- Full current driving license (valid in UK) and access to own car (or access to a form of transport which will allow the applicant to carry out these duties)
What you'll get in return
Salary range £22,000 - £28,000 depending on qualifications/experience
Benefits package including private medical insurance for you and your dependents
Generous pension contribution
Generous life assurance policy
Enhanced parental leave packages
Free open access to company organised events
Free parking onsite
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.