Junior Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer - To £35K + CIBSE Approved Training + Day Release + Get Paid to have every second Friday off.
This Sustainability led, Building Services Consultancy has a reputation for attracting, developing, and retaining their employees and offer a CIBSE Approved, Training and Development Scheme. They will support you in becoming a Chartered Engineer and ensure that you develop into a technically competent and commercially, and sustainability aware Building Services Engineer.
They are also happy to pay for you to compete your degree and do offer the option of day release and ongoing training and CPD. You'll also have access to a network of over 100 MEP Design and Sustainability Engineers, which will ensure you are always supported and have someone to ask for help when you need it.
They also appreciate the importance of a work life balance and do offer a nine-day fortnight, so you'll also be able to take every second Friday off, and still get paid.
As a Junior Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll support the senior or principal engineers with the design of a range of projects including colleges, science and research facilities, listed buildings, leisure centres and universities.
You'll use a variety of industry software such as IESVe, Hevacomp, AutoCAD or Revit to help calculate heat losses or heat gains, carry out duct sizing and pipe sizing, produce technical drawings showing the location of HVAC services within a building, calculate cooling and heating loads, design of hot and cold-water services and above ground drainage and assist with dynamic thermal modelling.
As you develop, you'll start taking on more responsibilities such as producing technical reports, specifications and schedules and start attending design team, client, or progress meetings.
In return they offer.
- 12% Pension
- 25 days leave
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid working policy
- 9-day fortnight (you still get paid to have every second Friday off)
- CIBSE Approved, Training and Development Program.
- Payment of 2 x Professional Memberships
- Life Assurance
- A supportive and friendly culture; that will allow you to flourish
- HND or Degree qualified with at least one years' experience in design.
- Previous experience working in the building services industry (for an engineering consultancy, property consultancy or a contractor)
- Willing to work in their central Norwich office, three to four days a week.
To apply, please feel free to apply via our own website or phone Richard on Zero Seven Five Nine Five, Zero Seven One, Three Zero Three.
Please note; all applications or enquiries will receive a response.