PM required by public body to oversee delivery of a large building handover. 18 month contract, £51k
Your new company
Hays are representing a large tertiary educational provider who have four campus' in Northern Ireland which comprises a number of buildings ranging in ages and design including administration buildings, lecture theatres, sports halls, laboratories and libraries as well as an expansive outdoor landscape incorporating sports pitches and car parking. They are seeking a Project Manager from a Construction or Facilities Management background to deliver the post-handover operation of a large building in Belfast City Centre.
Your new role
This is a Fixed Term Contract position employed directly with the public body for a minimum duration of 18 months with funding for possibly extension to 24 months, if required. You will join the Estates Services team reporting to the Head of Estate Customer Services where you will act as an interim supplementary resource for the planning, preparation and implementation of strategies, plans, systems, processes and procedures to ensure that the required estates facilities management arrangements are fully developed and operational at handover stage of their City Centre building.
The main duties will include:
- Acting as an intermediary between Estates Services Team and their Inhouse project Delivery Team on all matters pertaining to the contract
- Undertaking the role of Estates Services lead in the Aftercare (Soft Landing) Team - focused on the Customer / building user experience
- Managing and reporting on progress of snagging / defects
- Preparing Monthly operational readiness update reports
- Ensuring appropriate strategies and plans in place for Estates Services to operate and maintain the building following handover
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will hold a degree level qualification in one of the following estates operations and management, building, architecture, quantity surveying or engineering and have:
- 3 years post graduate experience in management of staff and operations in a significant estate.
- Experience in development and implementation of strategies, plans and systems in support of efficient and effective estates operations.
- Experience of management of building services maintenance on a significant scale.
- Knowledge and understanding of estates management practice and administration.
- Proficient in use of IT to efficiently develop and interrogate plans and schedules.
- Working knowledge of legislation applicable to building services
What you'll get in return
Salary £51,829 pro rata
Public Sector pension contribution
Hybrid working option between site and home
Flexible working hours
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
42 days annual leave pro rata
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.