NORFOLK CONSTABULARY AND SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY.
ESTATES STATUTORY MAINTENANCE OFFICER.
MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL.
DEPARTMENT - ESTATES & FACILITIES.
LOCATION - WYMONDHAM, OCC / MARTLESHAM, IPSWICH.
Full Time (37 hours *STAFF*) PERMANENT.
*STAFF* Band G: £39,585 - £44,928 per annum.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint Norfolk Constabulary and Suffolk Constabulary Estates & Facilities Department.
The successful candidate will help us manage mechanical & electrical maintenance, statutory and building maintenance and manage carbon reduction projects to our estate. This is an ideal opportunity for those wishing to advance their estates career and enjoy varied tasks as part of a small team.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE: (This list is not exhaustive)
- To manage and deliver all statutory property maintenance including asbestos management, water (legionella) management and Fire Risk Assessment management across all sites and buildings (excluding PFI premises) via the use of external consultants and contractors in accordance with statutory requirements and timescales.
- To ensure any works arising are managed and completed in a timely manner.
- To manage and deliver safe mechanical and electrical planned maintenance and servicing across all sites and buildings (excluding PFI premises) via the use of external consultants and contractors in accordance with statutory/manufacturers requirements and timescales.
- Ensure appropriate asset and statutory records are maintained and kept up to date to evidence statutory compliance for all planned and servicing estate works, including those relating to landlord and let (tenant) premises.
- To manage the allocated estates budgets and resources to deliver value for money, when ordering and spending for estates works and projects in accordance with corporate financial and procurement procedures.
- To report to the Estates Manager, H&S Committee and others from time to time at no less than once a quarter the status of statutory and other estates/building compliance.
- To oversee and develop Building Energy Management Systems to ensure buildings mechanical and electrical systems are running efficiently and meet customer needs and to assist with the identification, development and implementation of projects to minimise the consumption of energy and water.
- To ensure the continued implementation of the rolling programme of condition surveys of premises and assist the Senior Estate Officers to deliver the planned maintenance programme.
- To manage and undertake the management of building maintenance, minor works and projects within the capital and revenue building programmes, from inception to completion including direction and control of outsourced services, ensuring projects are completed on time within budget to the required standards and user satisfaction.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects including the specification, design, procurement, tender, evaluation, build, fit-out and commissioning of new building solutions.
- To provide professional and specialist (statutory and mechanical & electrical) estates knowledge and advice to identify and remedy property and building services defects and the development of business cases relating to the estates strategies and building projects.
- To identify, evaluate and implement projects to reduce the consumption of energy and water.
- To maintain and develop the Forces asset registers and property databases ensuring accuracy of estates records including mechanical and electrical plant, asbestos, water and fire records and Autocad building plans and linked data relating to all Force premises.
- Ensure adherence to Financial and Contract Regulations of each Constabulary.
- Draft and make recommendations to more senior staff on all aspects of Policy and Procedure in respect of Estates Services, including building maintenance, minor works and accommodation changes.
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place and are adhered to in respect of all maintenance, minor works and projects and to manage contractors to work safely.
- Deputise for the Senior Estates Officers.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role and grade as may be requested by management.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS / POINTS TO NOTE:
- The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general level of the duties and responsibility of the role, the duties may from time to time vary without changing the general character of the role or the levels of responsibilities.
- Whilst the role is normally based at the aforementioned location, you may be required to work at other establishments across both Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies as may be reasonably required. Police Staff Conditions of Service will be adhered to in such instances.
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and good practice. A ‘No Smoking in the Work Place’ policy applies
- All duties must be carried out in a manner that supports the Constabulary's commitment to equality and inclusion.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing and delivering mechanical, electrical and statutory maintenance, construction, projects, building maintenance programmes and general contract management.
- Possession of HNC BTEC in M&E Engineering or Building Construction or equivalent qualification and/or with knowledge of legislation applicable to the management of premises and facilities.
- Basic keyboard skills and ability to use MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience in managing budget and working within financial constraints.
- Possess experience of managing and motivating building contractors and consultants, together with experience of running multiple projects and a full working knowledge of CDM.
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise and motivate staff, together with experience of managing external consultants.
- Previous experience in reviewing / assessing method statements and risk assessments.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to produce clear, concise reports.
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role, for example climbing ladders and working in restricted spaces.
- Ability to travel as required mainly around Norfolk and Suffolk and occasionally further within the UK.
- Willingness to provide out of hours callout support.
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Technical membership of a Building Services professional body. EG: CIBSE, CIOB, RICS.
- Ability to use property management ICT packages and Architectural AutoCAD and Building Energy Management Systems.
- Previous experience of working in a client serviced role within the public sector.
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday.
This post is offered on a permanent basis within the Estates & Facilities Department.
The role is Modern Workplace Category 3 Hybrid (Homeworker). This role may work from home and across Force sites as directed from time to time by the role manager.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post or your wish to submit your CV / application - please contact Duncan Potter (Head of Estates) on Duncan.Potter@norfolk.police.uk
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisation requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.