Job Title: Graduate/Junior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
Salary: £27k - £32k + benefits
This is a career changing opportunity for an ambitious Graduate/Junior Mechanical Engineer to work with an innovative MEP Building Services design consultancy looking to strengthen their team.
The company was established in 2002 and is an independent Mechanical & Electrical design consultancy that provides the full range of MEP Building Services. Boasting an impressive client list in the hospitality, commercial, finance, retail, and residential sectors, the company operate on projects across the UK, Ireland, & Mainland Europe.
The Senior leadership are actively involved in day-to-day client delivery, and the entire teams professional and personable approach focuses on offering clients first class solutions and bespoke services that exceed expectations and provide measurable benefits. You will be joining a first-class team of dedicated technical specialists that operate in a collaborative atmosphere working alongside the UK's leading architects, designers, and contractors.
There is a realistic opportunity to progress and you will be given exposure to challenging and rewarding work on a diverse range of projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Carrying out detailed Mechanical Building Services Design Engineering on new build and refurbishment construction projects.
- Assist senior staff in feasibility studies, concept and scheme design stages.
- Attend design team meetings alongside other staff members.
- Inspect and report on mechanical building services systems.
- Undertake Mechanical design work consisting of surveys, design, drawings and specifications for projects. Work in conjunction with other design team members as required as part of an overall project team. Ensure the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
- Utilise Building Services software for calculations.
- Produce marked up drawings for CAD by others or direct CAD design drawings for issue.
- Select and specify products, equipment and installation standards relating to Mechanical services suitable for the costing and installation by Contractors.
To be successful in this role you will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services and a sound knowledge of technical engineering design including British building regulations and standards. You should be presentable with excellent written and verbal communication skills.