Senior Mechanical Engineer - London - to £60k + Package
Human Capital Solutions are working with a creative multidisciplinary engineering practice to find a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in their London office. This consultancy prides itself on their close collaboration with architects to achieve intelligent, innovative structures.
They have circa 60 staff across their London and Birmingham offices, and they always have exciting projects in different sectors such as commercial, residential, mixed use, offices, museums, airports - new building and refurbishment, with a particular focus on energy efficiency, and low carbon design.
The role has been created due to growth, and several new projects being awarded, not because anyone has left. In fact, this consultancy has great levels of staff retention that are well above the industry average.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will carry out analysis and design of building services systems and produce viable building services solutions, within the scope of a design brief, taking account of critical constraints, safety, sustainability and cost and the ability to carry out analysis and design of building services systems.
You will lead a building services engineering team, producing designs and project deliverables, liaising with clients, attending meetings and construction sites, supervising, and checking the production of project deliverables and leading day-to-day aspects of a range of projects. You will also have the autonomy to lead these projects and run them from conception through to completion.
Role and Requirements
- Ensure all projects meet the environmental and sustainability requirements.
- Able to lead projects with minimal support.
- Able to work as part of an integrated team to meet mutual goals.
- Client-facing and able to manage, mentor, motivate and lead a project team.
- Previous experience working on projects from concept to completion
- Able to manage projects, undertake HVAC design
- Willing to attend meetings and construction sites, supervise the production of project deliverables.
- 25 days annual leave
- Hybrid working of 3 days a week in office (you are welcome to go in 4/5 days if you wish)
- 5 hour week - Core hours 10am - 4pm (you can start anytime between 8am-10am and finish at 4pm-6pm)
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social and wellbeing activities
- Reimbursement of professional subscription and membership fees
- Support in working towards professional status, ie CEng