Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear
Hourly Rate: £38p/h Inside IR35
We are recruiting on behalf of a leading global professional services PLC company. As their business grows and continues to develop, they are looking to reinforce the Building Services team with the appointment of an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer in their Newcastle office.
This role will suit an experienced electrical engineer who is looking to develop and progress in an environment where your efforts and talent are recognised. This is an exciting time for them, and they can offer the right individual the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects with Blue-Chip Developers in a friendly and vibrant team.
What you'll be doing:
In this role you will produce detailed design calculations and sketches in accordance with the project requirements and as such a sound knowledge of technical engineering design relevant to the role is required - liaising with both Senior Engineers and Engineering Technicians regarding design and drawing as part of this dynamic team that believes in absolute delivery.
Work will typically be undertaken in conjunction with an Electrical Associate assisting in the survey, design, specification, and contract administration process of the projects. The work will be a mixture of survey, design work, office-based project administration and site attendances.
- Carrying out detailed Electrical Building Services Design Engineering on new build and refurbishment construction projects.
- Assist senior staff in feasibility studies, concept and scheme design stages.
- Attend design team meetings alongside other staff members.
- Inspect and report on electrical building services systems.
- Utilise Building Services software for calculations.
- Undertake Electrical design work consisting of surveys, design, drawings and specifications for projects. Work in conjunction with other design team members as required as part of an overall project team. Ensure the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
- Produce marked up drawings for CAD by others or direct CAD design drawings for issue.
- Select and specify products, equipment and installation standards relating to Electrical services suitable for the costing and installation by Contractors.
Who we're looking for:
To be successful in this role you will most likely have a degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering and experience commensurate with the underpinning and knowledge requirements for Incorporated Engineer aligned to either IET or CIBSE requirements.
- Ability to design principle electrical systems taken from a concept level of design through to detailed design (BSRIA BG6 Stage 4A) including:
- Low voltage electrical distribution from incoming supply through to final circuit to BS7671.
- Internal, external and emergency lighting to CIBSE Lighting guides.
- Small power and fixed power.
- Power supplies for mechanical and fixed power supplies.
- Fire Alarm and detection.
- ICT structured cabling
- Cable containment related to the above systems.
- Use of Amtech.
- Ability to view and interpret drawings in AutoCAD.
- Understanding of Building Regulations Part L compliance associated with the systems above.
- Use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel