Electrical Design Engineer - To £48K + Bonus + Package + Flexi Friday (1.30pm Finish)
Do you feel lost and undervalued in a large practice? Or perhaps you're bored working on small projects, with tight fees and unrealistic deadlines?
Due to growth, I'm looking for an Electrical Design Engineer (Building Services) for a global, building services consultancy that has doubled in size over the last three years.
Reporting to a Principal or Associate, you will be given the opportunity of developing your experience and knowledge in aspects such as bidding, leading client meetings, attending project interviews, resource planning and invoicing.
You will enjoy getting involved in projects through their full lifecycle, from concept to completion, and you'll also probably also enjoy working directly with Architects, developers, and end users, rather than just on behalf of contractors who just want to VE everything!
This opportunity will probably appeal to an Electrical design engineer who has become pigeonholed in a larger practice, or perhaps to an individual who is currently with a smaller firm and has become bored working on small projects, with tight fees and unrealistic deadlines.
- Able to use Revit and Amtech or ElectricalOM.
- Able to communicate confidently with clients and colleagues.
- Able to design the majority of the electrical services of projects; and understand the key mechanical and sustainability elements on projects.
- Degree qualified.
- Broad range of project experience to include commercial offices, mixed-use developments, hotels, healthcare, schools or universities or science and research facilities.
- 4% pension, 25 days leave, life assurance, income protection, free calm (Mindfulness app) subscription.
- Cycle to work scheme, interest free season ticket loan.
- Payment of professional memberships and ongoing training and development.
- Flexible working hours (I.e., start between 8am - 10am and finish between 4.30pm and 6.30pm)
- An extra £100 per month to put towards a health and wellbeing activity of your choice
Please note, if you only meet two of the five key criteria, that's OK feel free to apply anyway.