Technical Services Manager MEP London - to £90K + Package
Human Capital Solutions are working with one of the world's largest Property Management Consultancies to appoint a Technical Services Manager (TSM), to manage the operational MEP & Energy services & systems within one of central London's most iconic buildings
A commercial Skyscraper, designed to form a centrepiece of London's inspiring skyline, incorporating workspaces, public spaces, bars, and restaurants. It functions as both a commercial office and a significant tourist destination. Standing over 200 metres tall, it is one of the top five tallest buildings in the heart of the City of London
The main objective of the TSM role is to manage the day to day running of the MEP & Energy Services within the building by fostering strong relationships with the stakeholders, ensuring consistent, seamless, and efficient standards are met, which will guarantee the client's, occupiers and their visitors can focus on their business.
You will work collaboratively with other engineers and the onsite management team, to continuously improve your technical knowledge and competencies. Sharing knowledge is key in enabling our service partners, engineers, and occupiers to provide the very best solutions
The TSM will familiarise themselves with the client's sustainability strategy and be responsible for the development of engineering policies, strategies and implementation plans that meet the building needs and exceed occupiers' expectations
You will assist in managing the MEP service partners performance, to ensure they provide the services within the scope, budget and in accordance with their contractual obligations, service level agreements and KPIs
Working closely with third party consultants across projects covering retrofit projects, energy efficiency and the general project work that will occur across the site
You would have worked within the building services industry and be conversant with industry standards relating to building services operations from such organisations as BSRIA, CIBSE etc
You will continue to keep up to date with all industry standards, best practice, and guidance. You will familiarise yourself with all new publications relevant to building services operations, maintenance, asset management and sustainability and provide advice to the rest of the business unit
The TSM will have experience in delivering engineering excellence through robust asset management.
Be committed to supporting the stakeholders in their Net Zero Carbon roadmaps.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, standards, and guides for operational excellence
- Ensure that any one-off and non-contractual operational tasks are fulfilled to a high specification and within a dedicated timeframe, to include out of hours services for occupier events and special projects
- Contract Management includes but not limited to: Mechanical, Electrical, and public health systems
- Carry out all other general tasks as directed by the Client within an appropriate timeframe
- Ensure building regulations, statutory obligations, legislative compliance, and best working practice are always met
- Investigate and manage all patent and latent defects arising from projects or works
- Effectively contribute to the completion of an Activity Calendar and significant building events. i.e. Annual evacuation exercises, monthly scenario testing, audits, events, and document review
- Meet monthly with core service partners and ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are adhered to, and reports are completed promptly and accurately
- Ensure all contracts are maintained within the agreed budget, and seek alternative ways to improve customer service and reduce expenditure
- Be conversant with statutory compliance, health and safety risk management and any sustainability requirements
- Maintain a risk register at all times
- Produce detailed monthly reports and present to the Client
- Act as the Client Technical Lead and Advisor on all matters relating to central building services where these are operated and maintained by another Party.
- Undertake all relevant due diligence of Landlord's works and contractors to identify risks to Client's services or operations
- Assist implementing the vision and plan for the building to maintain a constantly improving environmental performance which engages the building occupiers.
- Lead energy management by maximising the capability of existing technology and systems and use of SMART building systems, platforms and data to ensure that Client's assets are being operated at optimum performance and energy is being closely managed and reported on.
- Develop a strategy that uses technology to deliver data-driven maintenance to increase productivity, efficiencies and asset uptime whilst reducing waste in all workstreams.
- Maximize energy efficiency, create, and oversee the implementation of short and long-term projects and strategies that increase energy efficiency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and minimize unnecessary consumption
- Ensuring compliant operation of Life safety systems and building essential services and operations.
- Be responsible for the coordination and management of the transition and handover from projects and contractors' teams over to business-as-usual day to day operations
- Undertake compliance auditing
- Prepare asset schedules and planned preventative maintenance plans
- Produce Engineering Life Cycle and Forward Capital Cost plans
- Interpret engineering reports, drawings, layouts and other visual aids
- Experience of Integrated Management Systems (IMS) and QA procedures and see that these are adhered to at all steps for all projects.
- Be accountable for the operational and financial management of projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget
Please get in touch for more details and information.