Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000 Plus benefits
This prestigious client is a growing and dynamic multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy, providing a wide range of services across all industry sectors including commercial, health, education, defence, residential and community. They are looking for an intermediate Mechanical engineer who has previous experience working in building services design to come on board in their vibrant office based in Norwich.
What to expect:
- Ensure all projects are completed to a high technical standard, on time and on budget.
- Carry out fee earning work, getting involved in design of schemes where appropriate and particularly where high-level technical expertise is required.
- Complete tasks as assigned by the team leader including assisting in the formation of sound engineering, providing cost effective solutions.
- Meet with clients to establish project brief and budget costs for client consideration.
- Draw up detailed specifications and drawings against client's briefs.
- Review tenders received and prepare tender reports and recommendations.
- Project manage site works from commencement to completion.
- Monitor site works against specification requirements and agree contractor's final accounts.
- Carry out inspections of existing installations and submit condition reports.
- Write technical reports and design presentations as well as preparation of tender drawings and specifications.
- Degree/master's in Engineering.
- Member of the Chartered institute of Building Services Engineers and/or The Energy Institute (or equivalents) is preferable.
- Chartered Engineer status or approaching.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Use of IES (Mechanical) design software.
- Use of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Familiar with relevant legislation, codes of practice, CIBSE guides, building regulations and best practice.
If you're a motivated individual who would be keen to work for a fantastic consultancy, then get in touch with Jamie Creed - 01728 726 135 -