Senior Sustainability Consultant - London £50K plus package
Are you passionate about delivering sustainable buildings for the future? Are you content to work in the decarbonisation of just one building at a time or are you interested in having a bigger impact by working with major blue-chip clients to effect real change in sustainability across their large international portfolios of buildings?
Then it is worth considering a career move into one of the world's leading and most respected Property Consultancies.
Over the past 8 years, this Property Consultancy has developed its own internal Energy Infrastructure and Sustainability Consulting team to meet and deliver sustainable solutions to their clients, who are some of the largest owners and occupiers of real estate estates portfolios in the world.
Effectively a client-side role that could represent a very sensible career move for numerous reasons. Working within a Property Consultancy would allow you to take ownership of your own client portfolio with direct access to the client, working as part of the client's consultancy team and acting as the client's representative on projects.
By far the most attractive aspect of joining such a business is the scale and sheer volume of buildings you can affect from a sustainability perspective. Rather than just consulting, designing or modelling a single building, you'll get to have a huge influence on a client's portfolio of buildings which in some cases can be 100's of buildings for one client. Providing you with an opportunity to make a huge environmental impact across large portfolios of buildings, rather than one or two buildings at a time.
We're looking for an experienced Senior level Sustainability Consultant to join this truly global business and work on these major client relationships supported by the Associates and Directors in the business.
With direct access to clients, you'll not only be working with them to develop their ESG and NZC Corporate Sustainability Strategies, but you'll also be ensuring their sustainable requirements are implemented at building level and make a huge NZC impact across a large portfolio of buildings.
Offering absolute career stability and with growth in mind, due to their success, this global Commercial Property Consultancy has a clear three-year plan to grow their M&E offering by 50% over the next three years, opening up a huge ongoing career opportunity for you.
You will join an energetic, highly innovative, collaborative and rapidly expanding sustainability consultancy team. With strong client relationship and programme management skills, you will thrive in this client facing role, and will be able to demonstrate your experience in:
- Practical experience of reporting under the GHG protocol with working knowledge of at least one global reporting framework such as CDP, GRESB, PRI and EPRA/GRI
- Knowledge of, and ideally experience with, science-based carbon reduction targets and net zero pathways
- Familiarity with TCFD recommendations and ideally understanding and experience of their implementation
- Demonstrable experience in the design and delivery of energy management programmes within the built environment including utility data management, target setting, energy analysis, legislative compliance and energy auditing
- Experience in routine reporting internally and externally for client stakeholders
- Clear and evident passion to drive sustainability within the built environment
- Strong client relationship and programme management skills
- Strong verbal, written and graphical communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment
- Ability to identify areas for growth within existing client programmes
- Highly motivated and self-assured individual with drive for self-development
- Demonstrable experience of operating within the commercial property sector
- Familiarity with climate risk and scenario analysis tools
- Knowledge of building certification standards, EPCs, BREEAM (incl BIU/RFO) and LEED
- Experience of conducting advanced data analytics including energy modelling and life-cycle analysis (LCA) using programmes such as IES and/or One Click
- Practical experience of operating and utilising online data management platforms
If you're passionate about creating a sustainable future across real estate and this role interests you, then please contact me.