Assistant Project Manager
Edinburgh EH12 9HW
£38,356 - £46,017
Our Estates and Technical Services team within the Scottish Prison Service (SPS) Headquarters, in Edinburgh, is looking for Project Managers Construction (2 positions available) to join their expanding team. The prison Estate is undergoing a major transition to ensure we meet the future carbon reduction targets. At present we are constructing a new facility which is entirely supplied with renewable energy.
The role of Project Manager will be part of the Estates team, undertaking a variety of projects ranging from solar meadows to meet the Scottish Government carbon targets, refurbishment of accommodation buildings to improve energy efficiency to new builds. You will be familiar with contracts such as GC Works 3 project and contract management services and be used to managing high value projects. Within the role you will be preparing project specific briefs utilising where required the SPS specialist briefs. You will provide accurate and comprehensive reports for both your own projects and those of fellow project managers. This is a challenging and rewarding role, working across internal and external stakeholders to ensure legislation compliance, best practice, and project delivery.
There is an extensive development training opportunity associated with this post from in-house to external providers. SPS actively encourage the development of their staff.
The role offers the opportunity to travel across all Scottish Prison Service sites and as such a driving licence would be advantageous.
The SPS headquarters is about to move to a new facility within South Gyle. Hybrid working will be undertaken.
If you have the following, we would like to hear from you:
- HND or equivalent qualification and experience of project management in construction working on various types of project.
- Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions, plan and organise workload and communicate and build effective working relationships with others.
- Proven experience of developing and delivering cost effective, successful, and sustainable solutions within a demanding environment.
Benefits on offer include (but are not limited to):
- Attractive Pension (Civil Service)
- Supportive towards candidates attaining Industry Recognised Qualifications
- Specialist Training
- Annual Leave - 37 days rising to 42 days
- Employee Savings scheme, including Cycle to Work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick Pay
For further information on this exciting opportunity, including full job description, person specification, assessment process and to apply for this vacancy please visit www.sps.gov.uk.
Closing date: 10 August 2022.