Intermediate Building Services Electrical Design Engineer VACANCY - Orpington Multi Disciplinary consultancy
A leading multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their expanding M&E department, working from their Kent office.
This is an outstanding opportunity, the role will provide the opportunity to become an integral part of the company's success. The firm has a loyal client base providing plenty of repeat business. The company has a strong sustainability background with experienced staff in low carbon design and low and zero carbon technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work shall generally be in conjunction with a Senior Electrical Engineer or Associate assisting in the survey, design, specification and contract administration process.
- The aim is to increase the design, construction and practical knowledge of the individual to achieve Senior Engineer status. The work would be a mixture of survey, design work, CAD work, office based project administration and site attendances generally in conjunction with a Senior Engineer.
- Undertake Electrical design work consisting of surveys, design, drawings and specifications for projects. Work in conjunction with other Client design team members as required as part of an overall project team. Ensure the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Produce marked up drawings for CAD by others or direct CAD design drawings for issue.
- Select and specify products, equipment and installation standards relating to Electrical services suitable for the costing and installation by Contractors.
- Assist Senior Engineers in the preparation of budget costs i.e. obtaining quotations from manufacturers for plant and equipment.
- Attend project design meetings, technical meetings, Value Engineering Workshops, Risk Workshops etc as required by the project in conjunction with Senior Engineers.
- Attend site as part of the construction phase activities of projects and participate in site meetings. Assist in the preparation of snagging lists, valuations (if required) and end of defects inspections as required.
- Undertake surveys and reports for the company in conjunction with a Senior Engineer including Feasibility studies, and Condition Surveys and generate reports meeting the company report format.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction. Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Projects will range from design work on £10m plus new builds and refurbishments to acquisition surveys, feasibility studies, project management, life cycle engineering and value engineering.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.