Graduate Building Services Engineer
Location: Civic Offices, Guildhall Walk, Portsmouth
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 11 September 2022
Salary: Band 7-Band 9 £25,927 – £36,370 p.a. + Full CIBSE support
We are looking for two people to join our Building Engineering services Projects team who are looking to develop their Mechanical or Electrical engineering skills in building services design and project management. Any relevant building services work experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
What can we offer?
We are fully committed to helping you develop and gain Chartered Membership of the CIBSE by providing an excellent structured Graduate programme to help you become a professionally qualified Building Engineering services Engineer.
We can offer a broad range of experience across our vast building’s portfolio and some external clients. Our projects range from refurbishments and system renewals through to new build. Properties include over 800 corporate assets, commercial office buildings, leisure and educational facilities, Social Housing as well as unique and historical buildings such as the Spinnaker Tower and Portsmouth Guildhall.
Who is the person?
- Have an accredited undergraduate degree or an accredited Post-Graduate Diploma or master’s in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Have a passion for Buildings and engineering and be keen to develop a career in Building Engineering Services.
- Be able to seek out relevant knowledge, learn quickly and have an excellent work ethic to ensure objectives are met.
- Be an excellent communicator, not afraid to ask questions when necessary and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Be extremely organised and display excellent attention to detail.
- Have basic CAD skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Either have a full driving licence and provide a car for work or have a commitment to learn to drive, as you will be visiting various sites across Portsmouth and will need to be able to travel effectively between them.
If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please call David Cazeaux on 07385 462280 or email David.email@example.com
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to all of the ‘Who is the Person’ points with the use of examples from your experience or transferable skills. Applicants will be shortlisted based on their ability to use good examples illustrating what they have done, why they have done it and how they went about it. The full job profile is attached.