Job Title - Graduate Trainee Building Services Engineer
Contract Type - Graduate, Fixed Term
Working Pattern - 37 hours, Monday-Friday
Portfolio- City Futures
Service - Capital Delivery Service
Grade and Salary - SCP 21 - 23 £26,975 - £27, 514
Closing Date - 26 August 2022
Graduate Trainee Building Services Engineer
If you are a recently graduated building services engineer looking to develop your career, then the Capital Delivery Service at Sheffield City Council may have the perfect opportunity you are looking for.
Working for Sheffield City Council brings with it great opportunities and benefits. We are proud of the offer we make to staff which includes one of the best pension schemes available in any sector and values that support family friendly working arrangements.
Graduate Trainee Building Services Engineer role:
This role delivers the opportunity to deliver back to the city and its residents, and to contribute across a wide range of project delivery types with projects ranging from new build housing, schools, leisure facilities and corporate buildings, through to small scale extensions and refurbishments.
- Provide building services solutions across the portfolio
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team working cohesively as part of Capital Delivery Service
- Benefit from a flexible hybrid mode of working
- Have access to exceptional training and development opportunities
- Contribute to the ongoing best practice of capital project delivery
Essential qualifications for the role:
- Degree in Building Services or similar discipline.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and also within multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent and well proven assessment, design, and problem-solving skills, always showing openness to innovation
- A good level of technical competence and construction knowledge
The Capital Delivery Service team consists of 80+ staff in a variety of management, technical and professional roles and has an in-house multi-disciplinary design team (architecture, landscape, structural /civil engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering) that provides design services to a wide range of construction projects.
The Service is a fully traded one, charging fees for the services it provides and operating as a professional project design and delivery consultancy within the City Council.
We are investing in our workforce and are promoting opportunities to our under-represented groups. We value equality, diversity and inclusion and are focused on increasing the diversity of our workforce, particularly the number of Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Disabled and LGBTQ+ people, so that our teams reflect the communities in the city we serve. We are also supporting staff with unpaid caring responsibilities to work flexibly.
It is a great time to join us and we welcome your application.
Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
Full-time employees work 37 hours for 52 weeks of the year and we offer a generous holiday entitlement. We are open to discussions about a wide range of flexible working opportunities which benefit you and the Council, including reduced hour contracts, working part time or as a job share