This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated engineer to join a growing Leeds team and work on some of the most exciting sustainable design projects in the UK across a variety of sectors including commercial, education, residential, etc...
Working under the guidance and supervision of more experienced staff, you will broaden your existing knowledge and skills in energy modeling and assist with the development of energy and sustainability strategies for new and existing buildings. You will be supported and encouraged to work toward Chartership over time with the help of other chartered engineers.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to assist in the delivery of some of our key work streams:
- Building code compliance modeling (Part L/EPC)
- Thermal comfort evaluation
- Studies on passive design and low-carbon technology
- Assisting with net-zero operational energy studies for new and retrofit projects.
- Contribute to supporting planning documents and Energy strategies, for example.
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a variety of buildings and sites, with the goal of reducing environmental impact and carbon footprint.
Experience and abilities Required:
You have a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering and relevant practical experience in a similar role, as well as demonstrable knowledge and experience in building physics, particularly in relation to heat transfer, energy, comfort criteria, CIBSE Guidance, and other industry standards.
Good understanding of dynamic simulation software and the UK Building Regulations, including the National Calculation Methodology. Some knowledge of mechanical design would be advantageous.
Given the collaborative and client-focused nature of this role, effective communication skills and some experience overcoming challenges are required.
Please contact Jed Canham via the following email address: jed@ conradconsulting.co.uk