Large public body are seeking a Maintenance Manager to oversee, Mechanical, Electrical & Building Maintenance
Your new company
Our client is a large government department who employ over 650 staff located across 7 sites, specialising in research and development across Natural and Marine Environment, Animal, Plant and Human Health, Welfare and Sustainable livestock production.
Your new role
This is contract position for an initial 6 month period with the possibility for further extension or permanent appointment.
Reporting to the Head of Estate Management & Development you will have day to day responsibility for Building, Electrical and Mechanical maintenance contracts and contractors.
The majority of the works are undertaken on the Hillsborough site.
The tasks undertaken include the following:
* Receipt and processing of Works Requests / Defects etc. This requires a challenge function in terms of the works required, speed of response required/priority, and whether it is a maintenance or modification request.
* Morning and evening meetings with the contractors on-site in order to issue jobs/maintenance works to be undertaken and follow up on works undertaken;
* Issue of daily permits-to-work and hot-works permits;
* Supervision of contractors as the need arises;
* Day to day budgetary management including checking and processing of works cost estimates/tenders and invoices.
Management of Minor / Major Works
Statutory Health & Safety Maintenance
Fuel and Utility Management
What you'll need to succeed
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following:
Have at least a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as:
Estates Management; Construction, Building, Engineering or Facilities Management.
A minimum of 3 years' experience gained within the last 7 years in facilities management, building, or housing accommodation to include:
(a) managing and monitoring facility and maintenance contracts and contractors;
(b) managing a portfolio of buildings;
(c) managing, monitoring and delivering facilities projects and maintenance services;
Sound working knowledge of work-related IT tools particularly Microsoft Excel, and Word.
Well-developed oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
NEBOSH Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
What you'll get in return
This is a superb opportunity to gain experience working with a large government department.
The salary range is £32,000 - £34,000 along with 37 days annual leave pro rata. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
You will be paid weekly via BACS every Friday morning.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.