M&E Compliance Surveyor - long-term contract - Local Authority - Flexible working / Working from home
Hays Building Services are working with a Local Authority based in the East Midlands, who require a M&E Compliance Surveyor on a long-term rolling contract.
Your new role
You will be carrying out M&E compliance audits and asset collection across the council's corporate properties. This will involve visiting schools to ensure they have up to date certification or boiler servicing, fire alarm servicing and alike.
The role will predominantly involve inputting asset data into a system by labelling commercial boilers, large pumps, distribution boards, panels, transformers etc with a QR code and scanning them into the database. Properties will include Schools, Leisure Centres, Community Centres, Retail outlets just to name a few.
The role will be very heavy on the use of databases / technology, as the council require the successful candidate to support them by working with their database to bring it up to a better spec that is easier to use on a day-to-day basis.
What you'll need to succeed
- M&E background either as an Engineer / working in FM
- A strong M&E knowledge in Building Services
- Similar experience working for an organisation with a large property portfolio
- Highly competent using IT systems / databases.
- Experience capturing asset data
What you'll get in return
- Long-term rolling contract (3 years has been mentioned)
- Up to £260 per day (PAYE rates slightly lower) + mileage
- 37 hours per week.
- Flexible working
- Working from home or on site - no requirement to work in the office
During your placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.